snooker newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mooneyy View Post
    Well, obviously - if you don't want to take your elbow nearer towards your body -
    you have to let your hand go further away from it. I'd go for something in
    between in this case.
    i noticed i have a oblique forearm only on some shot, in other i have a perpendicular forearm. I noticed that because in my pool room ( i play pool too) there is a mirror...

Comment

i have filmed myself while i'm playing and i have always a oblique forearm that's so sad. I try to correct that but i have always a not perpendicular forearm...some advice?

Comment

Play the cue-ball ten times exactly towards the mirror and, each time, check
        your forearm. If it's not hanging down straight, adjust your elbow/ cueing hand
        position and memorize the feeling you have. Then do it ten times without the
        mirror. Don't hit any object ball. The only thing you want to do is really concen-
        trating on your arm and cue action.

After another ten strokes, check your arm in the mirror again. If it's straight -
        fine. If it's not - repeat.

You have to make this second nature so what you want to do is repeating this
        throughout your practice sessions (always if you lost this feeling).

cheers

Comment

yes the problem is that when i see my forearm on a mirror it looks straight, when i film myself with a camera behind the forearm is oblique...

Comment

When you are down to the ball try stretching your forefinger straight towards the floor.
            This might help to feel if your forearm is hanging straight.
            I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

well i have attempt ( is right? ) some stroke and now i have a perpendicular forearm. I have played for 1 year with a wrong tecnique. In simple wrong (this part probably sound stupid ) i always heard "don't pull your arm near the body" so i always have a stroke far away of my body and my armpit ( LOL) was very open, now i pull my arm a little to the body and my armpit is a little more closed and my forearm is perfectly perpendicular.
              Is wrong pull a little the arm to the body (not that much)? The cue can move very freely and i feel my stroke much more straight than before

Comment

Originally Posted by Slh View Post
                The cue can move very freely and i feel my stroke much more straight than before
                Nothing wrong with it then...

Comment

Originally Posted by mooneyy View Post
                  Nothing wrong with it then...
                  yes but before this i always thought my stroke was good and straight...

Comment

ehi moneyy i have a little problem when im streatching on the table i noticed i have the forearm a little oblique to my body, how can i fix it?

Comment

That depends on the direction your forearm is pointing to.

Is your hand further away than your elbow (from the body) or closer to it?

Comment

Working...
                      X