Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy a Coach a Pint Day!

If you play snooker only for a good laugh with friends or maybe just to
    get out of the house now and then, and that's that...

DO NOT READ THIS. NO NEED.

I love snooker.
    I feel incredibly lucky to have my home club, The Annex Club, here in Toronto.
    Family-run it has been in continuous use for snooker and pool since The Great Depression.
    Carlos, the owner has invested in snooker for decades mostly on faith alone.
    He hosts amateur and pro tournaments and qualifiers and in the past 3 years has seen a resurgence in snooker here in Toronto that is very encouraging.

Last night was a "test" evening where Carlos invited a coach to come in, to assess players who may be interested... FREE!

Lee Brett, a coach (also a member here on TSF) recently moved here from UK, and a disciple of Del Hill (also a member here on TSF) is bringing a new approach to form, improving on the old 80's style usually seen in these parts... who doesn't want to play like Ronnie or Mark Selby... ????

My mate, Mark and I were playing a few frames... offering encouragement and helpful advice to each other, and to the balls... "Don't go in!" "Stay behind the green!"... "Hook him!"... stuff like that,
    when Lee showed up.

Mark had to leave but I stayed and well... just emailed him about my experience...

Morning Mark...

Thanks for the frames last night which I enjoyed up until I missed on an easy red or black and the 60-run I had already tallied in my mind vanished like my confidence. Which brings me to the coaching assessment with Lee. The hour we spent made me aware of all kinds of kinesthetic improvements I should make to my core form.
    And then... pushing smoothly through the awkwardness of change it dawned on me...
    the real benefit of this experience was in having something concrete and positive to concentrate on every time I address a shot.
    That in itself brings the calm and focus necessary to not f*ck up a "sitter" at least not as often as we do.
    Judging from the responses of some hardcore skeptics (ie. Jonathan) there is an enthusiasm that cannot be denied, and I sense the beginning of something very worthwhile for improving snooker generally and personally.
    He's back tonight 6-9 and it's FREE!

Cheers!

Noel
    SO... all that being said... GET A COACH!

In Toronto, call Lee!
    In UK, call Dell Hill or other!
    On TSF, listen to Roy and others...

Buy a Coach a Pint!

=o)

Noel

Id have to agree People going to Swindon for the TSF day out you should take note of this advice
    Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
    Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

thank you noel for your kind words, i hope me and carlos can make this a permanent thing as we are trying to get people into the game and show them you can have fun but also play well and have fun, its not rocket science, its lee brett's science come down and enjoy and tell your friends

Comment

Working...
      X