Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Line up

Hi All,

As a beginner, I always practice straight shot, one/two cushion repeat on black, pink to different packets.....etc

I know how good the line up exercise does, but I need a piece of advice here. For which level of proficiency, should someone start to practice line up? eg. consistently making 1x breaks?

Thanks!
    antyky
    :snooker:

What you should do is to jump straight into it by setting it up like this; Colours on their spots, 5 reds beneath the black with the first 1 on the cushion. 5 reds between black and pink and finally 5 reds above the pink spaced the same as the reds in between pink and black. If you lose black position set it up again, just as you would if you missed.
    Once you have made a maximum (well done) try doing it with reds in order starting with the red thats on the cushion. This in turn gives you even more confidence when you return to do it taking any red. Hope this helps! :snooker: :snooker: :snooker:
    Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
    https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

I think that might be a bit beyond what the original post was aimed at, a beginner isnt realy worried about making maximums.
      I think you can try the line up at any skill level personally, but when first beginning it might help just to spread the balls and practice potting without putting so much emphasis on positional play.
      It can be a little tedious if you are spending more time setting the balls up again than actually practicing.
      One thing I like to do, if i miss a shot in practice i set the same shot up again with the balls in the same position and repeat until I can make the shot.
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

I agree with RG here....as mentioned your best bet to begin with is just to have the balls all spread around the table 2 to 3 feet from the pockets. At first just concentrate on potting balls, and when your confidence starts to build then begin to focus more on positional play. Cliff Thorbourn recommended this form of practise so should do you no harm at all.
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Maybe do the line up with less reds until you can build up to the full 15 reds.

Comment

Working...
          X