Eye Switching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Switching

Hello, I have recently been able to get my cue action and stance right. However I'm still confused over the switching of eye when I am about to strike the cue ball. Many a times I have mis-cued the spot which I wanted to hit on the cue ball. I do pause on the last feather for a fraction of a second, look at the spot I want to hit on the cue-ball then deliver my cue.

I have done some research on videos of John Higgins. I noticed that he concentrates on the cue ball right up to the point where he strikes it. Then only switches his eye to the object ball.

What is really the precise way to follow when I am about the hit the cue ball?

Line up the shot from a standing position...get down..address the cue ball where you intend to hit it..back..forth..concentrate on the white..look at the spot on the object ball for a second..back to the white..back and forth..back and forth..STOP..check your cue is still where you intend to strike it..PULL BACK...STOP...look at the point of the cueball one final time to make sure it is still lined up..concentrate 1000% on the point of the object ball you intend to hit as you now know that your striking the cueball correctly you can now afford to concentrate to ensure you make a correct contact.
    Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
    Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Working...
    X