Sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sighting

I can't determine which is my dominant eye!
    I have tried several different methods/techniques for determining which is my dominant eye, but they have all given me different results, some telling me that I was left eye dominant and some telling me that I was right eye dominant.

What should I do? (I am right handed)

If you want to talk more about snooker add my MSN: Daniel_Westhead@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks to all The Snooker Forum users from Daniel Westhead.
    D.Westhead

Therefore you should cue centre-chin and not worry about it

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
      Therefore you should cue centre-chin and not worry about it

Terry
      I totally agree with that.

Comment

I have a good method of not only finding what eye you are dominant, but the exact point that your two eyes trianglelise the point of vision. what I have found is that the exact focusing point might not be directly under the eye, and if you were to cue directly under one eye, you might being hitting slightly across in the same way that if you sighted evenly. Ie my exact triangle point of sight is half way between my nose and my left eye, and if I sight under my left eye It doesn't make me any more comfortable of accurate that if I sight using more or less both eyes.

Any way the method to find out the exact point that your eyes triangalise the focus. Place a piece of coloured tape on a mirror, then standing a reasonable distance from it point your finger at the tape lining it up as if you would a shot. Then look in the mirror you will be able to see the exact point where your eyes focus a straight line. If it is between your eyes evenly then you are even sight. You might find that it is not directly under one eye but slightly off even, then you can decide to go to the nearest eye, or sight in the middle.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Sighting

Originally Posted by S Davis Fan View Post
          I have a good method of not only finding what eye you are dominant, but the exact point that your two eyes trianglelise the point of vision. what I have found is that the exact focusing point might not be directly under the eye, and if you were to cue directly under one eye, you might being hitting slightly across in the same way that if you sighted evenly. Ie my exact triangle point of sight is half way between my nose and my left eye, and if I sight under my left eye It doesn't make me any more comfortable of accurate that if I sight using more or less both eyes.

Any way the method to find out the exact point that your eyes triangalise the focus. Place a piece of coloured tape on a mirror, then standing a reasonable distance from it point your finger at the tape lining it up as if you would a shot. Then look in the mirror you will be able to see the exact point where your eyes focus a straight line. If it is between your eyes evenly then you are even sight. You might find that it is not directly under one eye but slightly off even, then you can decide to go to the nearest eye, or sight in the middle.

Hope this helps.
          Thanks, this is very good advice, but anyways I know how dominant my dominant eye is now because I was told I was slightly right eye dominant by my local optician recently :].

Add my MSN if you want to: Daniel_Westhead@hotmail.co.uk
          D.Westhead

Comment

Steve Davis

Originally Posted by S Davis Fan View Post

Hope this helps.
            Oh yeah, btw Steve Davis is my favourite professional snooker player of all time and luckily I got a chance to watch him play & get a photo with him .
            D.Westhead

Comment

Originally Posted by fisher
              westhead ive onni got 1 eye and id totally hammer you so dont worry about it -my league friends call me cyclopse but im a magician on me day:snooker:
              Where you from and what is your hightest break?
              D.Westhead

Comment

Originally Posted by fisher
                castleford 147
                That's decent that Fisher
                D.Westhead

Comment

Working...
                X