Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 questions - concentration and confidence

Hey, just 2 quick questions:

1) Do you guys have any tips on how to concentrate better in a game?

2) How do ypu manufacture confidence - yes i know people are normally confident when they are playing well, but i find if you are not confident, your game suffers - so how to do manufacture confidence when your not playing well?

Concentration is a matter of mind control. Get a book on how to get into the 'zone' on any ball sport (there's a lot of books around) and get some ideas from there.

Confidence is a different matter...I know that LACK of confidence comes from not having complete trust in your technique so therefore we can assume that a player who has confidence when he approaches the shot he KNOWS he is going to pot it since he completely trusts his technique.

The only way to get that is to do solitary practice and get to a point where you are delivering the cue consistently straight. Once you get that mastered you will improve a lot quicker and your confidence as you approach the table will also shoot up.

Read some of the coaching strings on here for technique tips.

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

will stick this question in here then.
      i am more than happy with the progress ive made with my game, since going to see stu green. (green biaze/ tables) however, a problem i had previously has now magnified itself into a almost calamitous situation. ive made adjustments to my technique, (which might not be technicly perfect, but work for me regarding ability)but my mental ability to play under pressure has collapsed. i was always capable, (if not excellent, when under pressure) now i am incapable of having positive thoughts when even going a frame down first to 6. (8 ball) if he dishes in frame 1 i cant see how i can match him, (yet am capable of 50 % dishes myself) the improvement now means i can actually pot the (IMO) "pressure ball" (which they all appear to be). however, controlling the apce an direction oin the pot, is poor. its adrenaline, however, when yer feel under pressure, (about not making the shot) is there anything you can do to take yer mind of the pressure an just play the game ? how do yer play a game in a meaningless mode, yet be competative ?

Comment

Working...
      X