Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Terry / new member intro

Greetings Everyone,

My name is Joe, and I have been lurking for a long time.

First, I want to thank Terry for all of his technical postings. They have made a world of difference in my game.

I come from a nine ball pool background and find the snooker approach to cue sports fascinating. I only wish the internet would have been around 20 years ago when I started playing.

My favorite players are (probably a few guys that you have heard about): Hendry, Davis, and Ronnie.

Hendry is right eye dominant like myself, so I've always found his technique to work quite well.

IMO, I'm appreciative of a champion like Steve Davis who teaches the game very analytically. I remember seeing him on television here in the US even as a child.

I decided it's time to share some my experiences with some of the discussions here as they have made a huge improvement in my game.

Thank You,
    Joe
    Hendry, Davis, and Ronnie follower.

For those across the pond that care, I think Lewis will pulverize Jenson!

Greetings from the UK. Enjoy the forum. Like your favourites BUT for me Davis, Higgins,Hendry and then maybe Ron........Alex Higgins! Regards

Comment

Welcome.
      How did you read the posts without becoming a member?
      I did not know Hendry is right eye dominant.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

The Nic Barrow snooker gym site somehow links the coaching posts. Very good stuff.

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
          Welcome.

I did not know Hendry is right eye dominant.
          Thank You.

In this picture, you can see that his cue is held favoring the right side of his chin:
          http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/...52_468x421.jpg

Comment

Welcome. Its the snooker network, links tsf, the world series of snooker, the snooker gym and the Q bar forum I think.
            sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
              Greetings from the UK. Enjoy the forum. Like your favourites BUT for me Davis, Higgins,Hendry and then maybe Ron........Alex Higgins! Regards

Thank You. I'll go study Alex on Youtube. Ronnie's firepower is amazing & ambidextrous abilities.

While I really like Steve Davis's teachings and methods, Stephen Hendry's technique, or my version of it, works best for my physical build.

Comment

Welcome to the forum fella..

Could'nt help noticing your sig... I care...

I dunno if hamilton will pulverize button ya know, button is a cracking racer. both great drivers, you might be under estimating button a little...button makes less errors than ham that's for sure...I dunno, but what i do know it's gonna be a cracking season of racing this year...

Can't wait for it to start now..

Comment

Thanks!

I thought that signature might get a comment or two.

They are both brilliant (pulverize was just to stir the pot.) I think Lewis will drive around problems better. I agree that this will be a cracking season & the best in years. Schumi is back. Alfonso will be at Ferrari. Lewis will have a competitive teammate. New teams. New FIA President.

I can't wait either!

Comment

Cant wait to see if schumey can keep up with the whipper snappers, no doubt the ability is still there, just gotta see how the motors are running/setup before we see how it's gonna go i guess...cant wait for first sessions of the season to have a looksy how the cars are running and who looks up to scratch...it's gonna be great, I'm getting excited now.......

Comment

Working...
                    X