How To Screw Back - A Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Screw Back - A Video

hey guys, thought i'd post a video i made in collaberation with malachi-b about how to screw back for a uni project. might be of use to some people who want to learn the basics. thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKRF-eBF0qc
    Crucible77's Bahrain Championship Fantasy Game Winner 2008 :snooker:

HB practice: 112
    HB match: 81

If thats you in the film then i'd like to complement you on you cue action. Very smooth. I did not think this clip would be as useful as it is. Well done. Why have you given credit to Neil Robertson in your clip? Do you know him, or is he just and inspiration to you?(he is to me!!!)
    Breaks 2010- 47, 40, 56, 53, 47, 45, 46

Highest break 69

Comment

thanks Snawaz. lol nah that isnt me in the video, but it is someone on this forum, Malachi-B. I placed neil robertson in the credits becuase he is indeed an inspiration, hes my favourite player and he sure can screw back!

Comment

thats me in the video haha
        Age:17 full time snooker player hoping to get somewhere in the future!

Comment

nice video. I always wondered what I was doing wrong when I jumped the white on that shot
          If practice makes perfect, and no one's perfect, then why practice?

Comment

Originally Posted by Malachi-b View Post
            thats me in the video haha
            Ofcourse Malachi, I thought I recognised you.
            Good cue action mate. Very smooth.

Robertson is an inspiration to me and i'm sure to lots of others. We need more character and flair players like to make the game popular again.
            Breaks 2010- 47, 40, 56, 53, 47, 45, 46

Highest break 69

Comment

Could you just clarify/expand on what "try not to scoop the ball" means. (In the video this is where the cue ball jumps over the white.) This happens to me from time to time and I'm never quite sure what I've done wrong. I've always thought that the cue ball has jumped because I've hit it too far down. Can you clarify?
              PS Good video

Comment

you can never aim too low on the cueball jimmy white is an example of this he used to screw back from the very bottom of the cueball.

a few things contribute to the cueball jumping one of them is not chalking your cue enough, the other thing which is mentioned earlier on in the video is that you are not accelerating through the cueball and just jabbing at it, a sound bit of advice which was given to me when i was first learning how to screw back a year ago is to imagine that the white ball is further away than it is so once you hit the cueball carry on going through and do not stop.

i hope this helps in some way.

malachi
                Age:17 full time snooker player hoping to get somewhere in the future!

Comment

thanks for the comments guys.

Comment

good video for learning the screw shot..loose grip is best way to get screw ...thats it :snooker:

Comment

just thought i'd contribute :snooker:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-qWVKWZCU

Comment

nice video, good camera angles

Comment

malachi:

Hate to pee on your parade, but get that bridge squared away and make a stronger 'V' as I note the cue is riding up on your thumb pillow

Terry
                          Terry Davidson
                          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Nice one Tel.

Comment

Working...
                            X