Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coaching in plymouth, devon, southwest

hi there

i have relatively just starting playing snooker. i have been playing pool for over 13 years. during this i have played for the devon youth pool team for 5/6 seasons. during this i had 1 England U18 team trial and 2 England U21 team trials. however for the last 3 years i have not played higher than local league, this had been down to a number of reasons.

i have been playing snooker properly since about august 2009 and in january this year i started playing Thursday league snooker.

the point to this post is to find out if there are coaches or persons capable of evaluating my (shoddy and possibly awful) technique, and offering advice guidance, experience and expertise to help me improve my game.

ideally i would like to contact to a coach/trainer in the Plymouth area. next would be south devon, devon, south west. as mentioned, the better the more local. however i am willing to travel further afield to improve my game

thank you for your time

adrian
    Always looking to improve.

What club do you play at? The Belgrave Snooker Club on Mutley Plain is worth trying for coaching as there are some top players playing there at the moment. I believe Matt Williams does a bit of coaching in there.
    TSF World Champion 2010
    TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
    BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

hi thanks for the reply

i play at the beacon park social club. only the one table but i have found out when the quiet times are.

i havent been to the belgrave for quite a while. i do remember reading somewhere that matt did some coaching.

i also though that the matchroom did some coaching but i could be very wrong on this
      Always looking to improve.

Comment

Originally Posted by adey8ball View Post
        i also though that the matchroom did some coaching but i could be very wrong on this
        Avoid the Matchroom, the facilities are awful and they aren't particularly friendly (believe me). Go to the Belgrave Club, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed and there is no place better (no, I don't work for them! It's my, and many other people's opinion).

Comment

Working...
        X