Video of me practicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Terry

If I am ever in Canada, you can bet that I am going to see Terry.
    One piece of his advice that has been more valuable to me than anything else I have ever read about snooker:

"CONCENTRATE ON EVERY POT just like in a match"

This has helped me more than anything.

Thanks Terry
    Snooker is my yoga.

Comment

fattfreddie:

My training facility (such as it is) is always open for new students and thanks for the endorsement

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

potential

hello there i have been a coach for over 20 years now I would like to give u my thoughts on watching, I think if u put them into motion you wil be very hard to beat, you have a nice cue action and dont change it its ur natural cue action and I like it.you strike the ball quite nice, two things in practice we can stand on one leg close one eye do all sorts of mad things and pot balls, its when the pressure is on when u need a good solid clearance to win a frame. two faults i have noticed and believe me these two faults will stop u from ever lifting any cup or championship first of all when u drop down to take your shot you are dropping ur head down to fast onto the cue you will get away with it in practice but not in a match situation, for that split second u drop ur head to fast u will have lost the sight of the shot and in a match situation u will miss an all important shot, take a little slower to get down to take ur shot do not drop ur head as fast onto the cue, i am not asking you to play slower or slow down , i am just asking to take a second longer in addressing the white ball and staying focused on the shot in question, and also you place ur bridge hand to quickly on the table make 100 percent certain u are placing ur bridge hand in the right spot,behind the white ball. you address the white ball a little too quick for my liking, again in practice u can do this , but in a pressure situation, this will not help you, you will miss and in snooker these days u cannot afford to miss not even one ball, the first black u missed was because of this and also because you did not even get up off the shot before when you potted the red you stayed down and jumped to quickly onto the black and what happened you missed it,please please get up off every shot stand back out from the table line up ur next shot and move back in to excute it , what i tell players imagine ur a standing in a circle the size of a satilite dish when takng ur shot, to be a top player u must step back out of that circle between every shot line up and then move back in to the circle, never ever stay in that circle always get up move out line up and move back in when you missed the black u stayed in the circle u did not even get up ok lets recap , (1)move out from table on every shot. (2) dont place ur bridge hand as quickly onto the table take a second longer make 100 percent sure its in the right place, ,(3) slow down a little when dropping ur chin onto cue for the minute of a second u drop ur chin on cue to fast u lost sight of shot, do this in match games and u will miss the shot and if the player ur playing is good enough it will be ur last shot,, snooker is about not missing the easy balls this will help you to not miss any ball, please believe me and do what i say. i have spent time with two world champions and have helped them improve, best of luck, if u have any questionds please ask,-
        Originally Posted by Theguywithaplan View Post
        Would just like some of your thoughts en my cue action. Bin playing 3 years, highest break in a match 113 and I'd like to turn professional. I'd just like to know whether you think thats a legitimate goal. Sorry about the camera angle btw, this was initially a test for my new iphone's video recording.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrBMO3FcFlc

Comment

a little too fast - hence dropping short for that black. take a breath especially on the easier shots.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

i was watching your video and i like your tempo around the table you seem to flow quite well however,the first thing i noticed was that i felt that you were cueing i little steep and that it would benefit your game if you got the gap between your cue and the cushion alot closer together.Your style reminds me a bit like selbys who is also a player i feel cues a bit steeply at times but it seems to work for him.Theres no right or wrong really but its just something i picked up on.Stick in and practice hard and always play players who are better than you.Hope this helps all the best.
            Raymond.:snooker:

Comment

Hi there, i have coached for a no of years so i would like to put my bit in lol.
              The 1st thing i noticed is that you are a bit steep. I would definitely try to get your cue closer to the cushion. The more level you get your cue the better you will strike the cue ball, that being said it must be maintained throughout the stroke. Ask someone to see the distance between you cue and cushion on a shot from the baulk line. Then ask them to tell you if and by how much and at what point it moves. Your aim is to maintain the correct plane on the entire stroke(no lifting or dropping)
              Another thing i would advise is to try to get a more controlled length in your backswing. To often you are pulling the cue back the same length then trying to control the speed of delivery, this is very difficult to repeat and will cause inconsistency.
              This subject has been discussed in detail on another thread http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=26601
              Also in preparation, your feathers should be similar in length to your final backswing, this will help in feeling the shot more rather than putting it all into the final backswing.
              I do like you rhythm although i would definitely spend more time behind the shot in preparation. Visualize the shot before you go down.
              A good way of getting into a habit of doing this, is to stop chalking your cue when walking round the table and instead wait until you are behind the shot and then chalk your cue. This will really help and you will notice a big difference in missing less easy shots.
              Other than that i think you have a decent game and with some work you could be a lot better.
              Good luck and "practise how you intend to play".
              "Don't think, feel"

Comment

First of all can I just say I appreciate the response and the helpful answers I also agree with the majority of what's been said, and am trying to take it all on board, especially about my pace about the table. This video was taken a while ago and I think I have slowed down a bit since then - maybe a good example would be this video in more of a game situation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrEoV...eature=channel
                I think I've found the correct pace where I can flow without rushing and missing easy ones. I think it's very easy in a match to start playing slower (something I'm very guilty of) and need to work on bringing my practice game to match table.

About my cue being too steep I haven't really thought too much about that, I think it's at most about 1inch off the cushion, probably a bit less. I tried to lower it down to the cushion a while ago and anywhere lower that what it already was felt extremley uncomfortable and I could barely cue the ball. I do have a tendency when I'm leaning over the table to hike it up a lot at the back which leads to me nearly always missing so I'll try to work on that.

Thanks for the advice on my backswing length, I always though I had been shortening and lengthening it the correct amount but after watching a few of my videos you're right, it could do with being tightened up a bit.

Anyway, like I said, I appreciate the advice and a lot of it has really helped I feel I've improved my game a considerable amount just from this thread. :snooker::snooker::snooker:

Comment

In my unexpert opinion I still think you are not chalking enough.
                  If you watch the pro's they chalk after just about every shot.
                  Good luck with it though.

ATB
                  Danny
                  Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Working...
                  X