Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bent Back Wrist

Hi,

I have just recorded myself and found that I use to bend my wrist backward (not to the left or to the right) just after hitting the cue ball and keep it all the way during the follow through, specially in back spin and power shots, I want to know that is that correct or I should correct it?

I think that the wrist and the forearm should swinging together and the wrist should not bent to the back or follow during the shot?

thanks in advance,

Ramin

You are doing that in order to keep the cue as level as possible and it is not a bad thing that needs correction as long as there is no sideways movement (right or left) in the wrist.

A lot of people do this and turn the wrist at the same time, which moves the butt sideways and it is very difficult to correct.

Don't worry about it

Terry

Comment

I was turn my wrist in very rarely shots (so much back spin and side spin) together, but I think that I do not do that these days by practicing and keeping the idea that all is that the cue should goes straight even in those shots,

So you mean that I should not mention that at all as long as my wrist has not any sideways movement, I say that because after playing for 3 years and my last participation in my own country championship and coming up to 1/32, I have just bought a table and trying to record myself and build things up from basics, there were no errors I think but the wrist and a little movement in the elbow in strong power shots that I am working on it

thanks

Comment

Hi Terry,

I would be thankful if I can consult with you about my basics, after recording myself I think that

1 - My stance is very good

2 - My last three fingers used to open widely in back swing and it leads to sideways movements in the shot itself

3 - My wrist as I told you

4 - My body stillness was good but my head and body tried to come up just after hitting the cue ball slightly

after about 10 days of practicing and recording again and after your reply about my wrist, now, I should say that

My grip is now better, I try to keep a secure and loosely grip

My wrist is ok due to your reply

My stillness is pretty better because I tried to watch top players stillness and keep practicing and now it is good

any ideas you have about my basic that can help me?

any special method of practicing after the basics, you suggest or I should keep my attention on basics after these efforts or I should practice other type of shots( such as cue ball control, safety, break building....) and keep thinking about the basics during that?

very very thanks,

Ramin

Comment

Working...
        X