Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what technical aspects I have to improve to make century in tournament?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what technical aspects I have to improve to make century in tournament?

Hi, my snooker colleagues!

My best achievements in practice are approx 10 centuries on line up (including the best 136 clearance) and couple of 60+ breaks in friendly matches.
    Could you, please, look at couple of my videos.

1) This is the exercise where all colors are slightly out of their spots
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrtuKGtQibU

2) This is the effort to win the frame at one visit (4 open reds + cluster)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puDt9Q2OkwQ

Which aspects of my technique I have to improve to make centuries in matches?
    Any your comments about the technique will be highly appreciated.

dao:

A few comments:

1. You have some slight upper body movement when you play anything at medium pace or better.
    2. You don't drive your grip hand through to your chest consistently on every shot, no matter what the power although you do that right on medium and above power shots.
    3. Practice is the clothes you would wear in a tournament, especially shoes and a long-sleeved shirt as they might change things and you need to get used to them. I realize there might be a problem with air conditioning in the summer.
    4. Your rear pause is a little short but this might not be a serious problem as it might be your natural rhythm.

With your technique I believe all you really need is more practice and experience and more matches and also get rid of the upper body movement

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Your tecnique looks pretty good but I would say you could try and keep a tighter control of the cue ball to get higher breaks in a match.
      Look at guys like Hendry and John Higgins when making centuries, the hardest pot is often the first one. After that their control means they are potting easy balls for the rest of the break.
      In the videos you still potted the harder shots after slightly running out of position but when in a match and under pressure it is not as easy to make all of these.

Your game looks fairly good though.

Comment

Terry and Gem, thanks for your observations and detailed comments.
        Yes, it's correct, I try to exclude any body movement in every shot. I have to concentrate on this.

I know that my grip don't hit the chest consistently on every kind of shot. Sometimes I don't hit the chest on the delicate shots and also on the shots with a small distance between the cueball and object ball. In this case I am trying to variate the point where I take my cue by the grip.
        But I have to reach more stability in this to hit the chest every time.
        Many thanks one more time.

Comment

Very nice clearance. Looks good to me except that your chin is not properly brushing the cue at every shot. This may result to a unwanted up and down movement of your body/the cue. Keep an eye on that
          Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

You look pretty good. To improve I would suggest a couple of things. I would try and slow down your feathers as they seem too quick to me so you can control the cue better. I would also experiment with a longer backpause. As someone else said it may be your natural pause but just try a longer one and see how it feels. You may find that you really like it!

I hope I have helped and I hope you reach your goal. Good luck!
            coaching is not just for the pros
            www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

Working...
            X