who is considered the best snooker coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who is considered the best snooker coach

There have been a lot of good coaches linked with the top pros over the years. I was just wondering of all the coaches who are currently active at this time who are considered the best and who gives best value for money if a club player wanted to hired the services.

The best coach is the one who makes you world champion
    hehe

Theres no such thing as best coach it depends from player to player

but you could check the following
    Nic Barrow, Terry griffiths and his son, Jim donely, etc
    I personally think Nic is one of the best if not the best

Comment

Me, Me, Me (of course I've never coached a pro as there just aren't any in Canada)

Have to go with Nic Barrow and Terry/Wayne Griffiths but I've never talked to Del Hill. Jim Donnelly and Stephie Ballie also very good from my perspective.

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

i would say nic barrow is likely to be the one most people would go for.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=23327

there was some discussion in the thread above. As I said already I only had experience with Nic Barrow but I wouldn't go for any other coach as I really believe that Nic is the best
          You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
          BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

I have also heard great things about Frank Adamson I believe he is coaching Ronnie at the moment.
            BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Frank Adamson has coached a lot of good players, although I had heard he was semi-retired at least.

He coached Nic Barrow and a lot of Nic's ideas are from Frank, although Nic has fine-tuned everything and also added a lot.

We have an ex-por here by the name of Matt Bayley and he was also coached by Frank. What really struck me was the first time I saw him his cue action looked EXACTLY like Nic's.

Go figure

Terry
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Also if you look at Stephen Lee's cue action it is also quite similar to Nic's. And Nic told me that Frank helped a lot Stephen...
                BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

To be honest it depends what you are looking for. Some coaches are quite technical whereas others are very good with the mental side of the game. It depends what you need help with and how you get on with the coach. Its no good if you dont get on with your coach even if they are brilliant. I have met Del, Terry and Wayne griffiths and frank adamson and I would say they are all good in their own way. I will not say who I think is the best on here as like I say they all have good ideas. I think Terry davidson on here seems to know what he is chatting about and I like Nic barrows ideas so there are some good coaches about. Obviously I dont think I am too bad either!
                  coaching is not just for the pros
                  www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

That's interesting what you said about Stephen Lee's cue action being similar to Nic's,
                    is it the pause or stance or a particular aspect that differs in their cue action. I know
                    Stephen has one of the best actions in the game despite not winning as many titles as
                    other top 16 pro's....

Comment

Irish Coach PJ Nolan is one of the most respected coaches in the world, he has coached all over the World and still does.

PJ has had numerous offers of contacts from national associtations recently but has opted to stay in Ireland with his family.

However he still travels and regularly goes on one week contracts around Europe.

He has a web site at www.pjnolanschampionsacademy.com which is still been fine tuned and should be complete soon with all his routines and workbooks all free of charge to download. Just log in to view workbooks and video's.

PJ has worked with all the top coaches including Dell, Terry and Wayne.

PJ has and currently works with the likes of top internationals Vincent Muldoon, Shachar Ruberg, Mohammed Shehab, Aditya Metha, Lee Page, Declan Brennan and David Hogan. Many top pro's also use his routines to practice with.

Just said I'd mention the name as he seems to be overlooked a lot on this forum.

Comment

Originally Posted by CoachGavin View Post
                        To be honest it depends what you are looking for. Some coaches are quite technical whereas others are very good with the mental side of the game. It depends what you need help with and how you get on with the coach. Its no good if you dont get on with your coach even if they are brilliant. I have met Del, Terry and Wayne griffiths and frank adamson and I would say they are all good in their own way. I will not say who I think is the best on here as like I say they all have good ideas. I think Terry davidson on here seems to know what he is chatting about and I like Nic barrows ideas so there are some good coaches about. Obviously I dont think I am too bad either!

Hi gavin, It's the tecnical side of the game that I need help with, I think I have the talent and am very good in all departments yet I miss simple balls just as I should be kicking on and making a break. I think there must be something in my set up that causes me to miss. It is certainly is not pressure. I'm pretty sure a coach would find flaws in my cue action. I've notice also when watching vid's of me playing that I move forward slightly when playing some shots, So there one thing that a coach could put right very easly.
                        Where are you based gavin.

Thanks for the link deiseboy
                        Last edited by cazmac1; 11 August 2010, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                          Hi gavin, It's the tecnical side of the game that I need help with, I think I have the talent and am very good in all departments yet I miss simple balls just as I should be kicking on and making a break. I think there must be something in my set up that causes me to miss. It is certainly is not pressure. I'm pretty sure a coach would find flaws in my cue action. I've notice also when watching vid's of me playing that I move forward slightly when playing some shots, So there one thing that a coach could put right very easly.
                          Where are you based gavin.

Thanks for the link deiseboy
                          Cazmac,

from reading your post I think that Nic will be able to help you really quick as he had really helped me with my cue action...

He once told me that there is no simple ball in snooker and that you need to treat each one with same respect and that helped me to pot more balls... Hope this can help you
                          BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

I've just signed up for the bronze membership on nic's snooker gym web site.
                            My first impressions are very good. I was wondering about the video software he uses to analyze the technical side of the game. Can any one purchase this software and how much does it cost?

Comment

http://www.dartfish.com/en/index.htm
                              BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

Working...
                              X