No announcement yet.

who is considered the best snooker coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am currently coaching at Barratts snooker club in Northampton which is a big club with 25 tables. It quite easy from London. I coach in a private room so there are no distractions and I should be able to help you with your game. Just PM me for more info or look at my website at www.121snookercoaching.com
    coaching is not just for the pros
    www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

does frank callen still coach? didnt he coach hendry during the 90s

Comment

As we talked about Nic Barrow on this topic, I went youtube to look for coaching videos from and I found some nice footage. One of the video démonstrates the grip (one of my main flaw) and I have to admit it was really well explained, simply and efficient. Surely one of the best coaching vids I've seen so far.
        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
          As we talked about Nic Barrow on this topic, I went youtube to look for coaching videos from and I found some nice footage. One of the video démonstrates the grip (one of my main flaw) and I have to admit it was really well explained, simply and efficient. Surely one of the best coaching vids I've seen so far.
          you should check out his web sight, its very good.

Comment

I think I went to his website once, and checked his DVDs but found it a bit too expensive to my taste. I didn't know he also proposed some footage on youtube and it's very welcome.

Yesterday, I received the "Absolute Snooker" DVD, a 'coaching session with Jimmy White and Alan McManus. Not too bad but it's just a general overview and they're not going that much into the details. However, this DVD is already valuable to me just by hearing Alan's marvelous Glawegian accent
            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

What about Richy McDonald? He did after all coach John Higgins among other pros and is held in high regard with other coaches.
              Retired now though due to ill health.
              "Don't think, feel"

Comment

All the mentioned coaches are very good at their profession.

At the end of the day it's all down to personal choice.

It's so important that the coach and pupil develop a rapport between them.

I'll back up what Deisboy says about P.J. - He's a class act

and Doctor so is Richy McDonald.
                Janie Watkins
                On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
                All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

Originally Posted by irishsnookerfan View Post
                  does frank callen still coach? didnt he coach hendry during the 90s
                  Indeed, he coached Davis and other former top pros too. So he is a kind of legend as a coach, but I think he has retired completely for some time now. His 'Snooker Clinic' book can be found in the net and is definetly worth reading.

Since no one mentioned Chris Henry yet I bring him in. I met him once and his knowledge was very impressive.
                  Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

Working...
                  X