Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addressing the cue ball

Hi guys,
    i have a fault in my cueing, when i put my bridge hand on the table and address
    the cue ball if i see carefully i am actually addressing the cue ball on the right
    side thus putting unintentional side. Is this because of alignment problem or
    wrong stance ? i have been trying deliberately to correct this , but now and then i end up hitting cue ball on the right side ( i am right handed , left eye dominant). Need advise please !
    Thanks.

Are you sure it is not your vision?

Otherwise there are a few corrections you can make. The first is the stance and alignment but what you have to do is move the cue over to the left of your chin but at the same time you must move your right foot in the same distance.

Another way which is not as difficult to change is to just keep the cue on centre-chin and turn the head slightly to the right so the left eye is more above the cue but don't turn it too severely, just a little bit. The eye doesn't have to be directly over the cue unless you find this is comfortable for you to do.

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I feel a trip to Canada coming on to see Coach Terry

Always enjoy reading your in depth analysis Terry .

I was not happy with the way i have been cueing lately and put it down to the fact that my new cue has a flat , whereas before i used a round butt .
      I found that as the chevrons were not in line with the flat , i was trying to make my adjustment by moving my hand up the cue . Obviously totally forgetting about delivering the cue in a straight line . Seemed to be twisting my hand to ensure that the chevrons were in line . if you see what i mean .

So to cut a long story short , i went to Hunt & Osborne to have a tip put on and ended up leaving it there and having 1/2 " taken off and a round fitted !!!

Can't wait to get it back next week . If my game does not improve after all this , there will be trouble as i can't tinker around anymore
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Many thanks Terry !
        I'LL try as you mentioned .

Comment

Working...
        X