Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On holiday.. a few quick tips on my game plz??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On holiday.. a few quick tips on my game plz??

Okay, im on holiday and this is the only time i get to use a full size table...

the problem i have is that the angels are hard to judge on the bigger table and its hard to shoot the cue ball straight.

is there any good top tips of improving my game quickly?? tbanks!!!
    Name/Age: Darren Reeder, 16 (27th june 1994)

Originally Posted by DarrenReeder94 View Post
    is there any good top tips of improving my game quickly??
    Keep your bridge hand rock steady throughout the shot.

Keep your head still throughout the shot.

Follow the cue through as you strike the cue-ball.

Eye on the object ball where you want to strike it as you are striking the cue-ball.

These tips are not guaranteed to improve your game quickly but will put you on the right path.

Do you not have a local club near you where you can play on a full-size table?

Comment

Yeah, when i get back from holiday i will... but i need some quick help with my playing atm... i can make a few shots but i get the angles wrong quite alot and tbis is the main thing i need help with... how can i get better with my angles??

-thanks for help

Comment

It is a matter of pratising and remembering. Just plenty of table time is the only way you will learn the angles and by watching.
        :snooker:

Comment

If your angles are really bad use full ball, three quarter ball, half ball, quarter ball and thin snick as your basic angles. This will enable you to get a feel for the angles and then you can work from this onto all the different angles. It is really about playing and remembering the angles but these 5 angles will help you to give you a rough estimate.

Hope this helps.
          coaching is not just for the pros
          www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

Yeah thanks for help.. ill just practice all the angles i can when i play tomoz :-D

another problem i am facing is that my side of my stomach on the side i am cuein. hurts while cueing and feels like its streching... anyone experienced these problems be4 and can help out with it??

Comment

Darren When you return from holiday try to find a local club nearby where you can go and practice once a week. Did you mange to find a cue?

Comment

Yeah, once i go to college in a few weeks i will join the rileys club in stevenage (next to my college).. so i will be able to play aftee college and stuff hopefully... and yeah i bought a "ronnie o'sullivan" cue.. i didnt want one signed by a player but it was only decent one for my budget in the shop i went to..

so, ywah thins for me will be gd for the next year(s) :-) thanks for help with it all

p.s. sorry for spelling, im on my samsung tocco lite and its crappy, lol.. but im goin to now eat some food and go play snooker :-D

Any more small tips will be great help :-)

Comment

The best advice I can give is to stay over the cue & behind the cueball.

Comment

Mhmm, well i am home frm holiday day... i improved A LOT in the 2 weeks i was there.

The next step for me in my life is college (which i start Wednesday) and i about a month or so i will probably join the Rileys snooker club near my college so i can play once or twice a week ... although ill; need a weekend job or something so i can pay for the snooker aswell as my everyday life...

-So thanks a lot for help everyone! with the tips that i got from this thread it made playing snooker SOO much more fun and i cant get enough of it :S Ill keep in touch on forums with my playing once i can get access to another table :d

Comment

Good luck Darren. Don't forget you'll need to practice if you're going to get that 40 break. Lots of practice tips on the Forum so give some of them a go. Line-ups, clearing the colours etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X