X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi terry, really quickly two things in fact

one whats the kiss technique you mentioned

also

when i look my self straight on with a mirror in front of course, my stance being correct and all that..... i can see my right shoulder peeping out to the right of my head!

i think a player who i kinda resemble would be mark williams or even marco fu!

ive recently reverted to my natural game and im much more confident in my potting and cue ball control, however im gonna try the text book flex tonight and see how i go.... probably gonna stress out and pull my hair out lol!

Comment

[QUOTE=Zidane_87;520239]whats the kiss technique you mentioned
      QUOTE]

KISS ... Keep It Simple, Stupid ... ie, do it the easy way, only stupid people do things in a complicated way when there's an easier option ...

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
        I see pepole who on the face of it have bad tecnic and you find yourself saying how can he pot like that and I can't???????
        Its simple, it doesn't matter what you do if you can't make that white go along the line your looking at it don't mean jack. So when your put your leg here and arm there, you my look the nuts but if the ball ain't going where your looking it's all for nothing.
        so my advice is go with what comes naturally, but do work on the cue action as to make breaks it is an absolute must to have a cue action.

For the record I think Cazmac first posted this exact question "natural vs technical" about a year ago. Any who... I've been struggling massively with this mental conundrem for a few years - I can see why people get coaching but for ME at MY level it destroys something. If i'm feeling good I play well, I make tons I pot freely, if I feel a bit naff then I play like it. All credit to those who have a base game to fall back on, ive never had that.
        Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element

Comment

Hi Jon I remember the thread but it wasn't me that posted it.

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
            Hi Jon I remember the thread but it wasn't me that posted it.
            Hi cazmac - my mistake
            Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element

Comment

zidane:

You have an answer on the KISS principle. Keep it Simple, Stupid or the way I use it, 'Keep It Stupidly Simple (the less moving parts the better).

To answer your right shoulder question, it should be completely hidden by the head so if you have normal flexibility then you are not raising your shoulder enough. This is quite easily done by dropping the left armpit as much as you can and then 'bracing' (as per Joe Davis) the right shoulder up as far as it will go and into your back as far as it will COMFORTABLY go.

That said, some players (mostly those overweight or very stocky) just cannot get the shoulder into their back behind the head but they should still try and get it up and in as much as they can comfortably do.

This has the added benefit of aligning the right elbow over top of the cue better also and locks the right shoulder in place so it doesn't move during the drive through the cueball

Terry
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Thanks Terry
                This shoulder thing is something which has clarified a lot of things for me

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                zidane:

You have an answer on the KISS principle. Keep it Simple, Stupid or the way I use it, 'Keep It Stupidly Simple (the less moving parts the better).

To answer your right shoulder question, it should be completely hidden by the head so if you have normal flexibility then you are not raising your shoulder enough. This is quite easily done by dropping the left armpit as much as you can and then 'bracing' (as per Joe Davis) the right shoulder up as far as it will go and into your back as far as it will COMFORTABLY go.

That said, some players (mostly those overweight or very stocky) just cannot get the shoulder into their back behind the head but they should still try and get it up and in as much as they can comfortably do.

This has the added benefit of aligning the right elbow over top of the cue better also and locks the right shoulder in place so it doesn't move during the drive through the cueball

Terry

Comment

Working...
                X