stance problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stance problem

i have a problem about my stance, i just wonder as you get down for a shot, where does ur weight lying? on the right leg (i feel strain in my right leg by doing this) or in between both legs, which means you do not feel any strain in your right leg?

any advices will be appreciated.

Are you left handed ?? - if so then yes your right leg
    the weight is on your front leg, (so your left leg if your right handed) unless of course you have a side on stance then who knows
    Unless ime doing it all wrong

Comment

im right handed, so does it mean that i have to lean onto my left leg then? it is the front leg in my case.

Comment

yes
        try to spread your weight on both feet with the left taking mroe weight
        your right half of the body should be as relaxed as possible for smooth cue action

Comment

When I went to see Del Hill, he only said that the weight should be forward,
          he told me a way of checking this is when your in the address position look at your hand, it should be over your laces. Just like to add that I've just watched
          a video of alex higgins and his weight is so far back his feet seem to be forward with his centre of balance right Back!

Comment

alex, jimmy, reardon etc are some of the few people with weird stance characteristics
            It suits them but for sure wont suit you

Go with what seems more comfortable
            The most important point is that your cue should go straight without any tension in the body

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
            When I went to see Del Hill, he only said that the weight should be forward,
            he told me a way of checking this is when your in the address position look at your hand, it should be over your laces. Just like to add that I've just watched
            a video of alex higgins and his weight is so far back his feet seem to be forward with his centre of balance right Back!

Comment

Originally Posted by abhi147 View Post
              alex, jimmy, reardon etc are some of the few people with weird stance characteristics
              It suits them but for sure wont suit you

Go with what seems more comfortable
              The most important point is that your cue should go straight without any tension in the body
              so if i feel strain in my right leg then it is definitly wrong, rite?

Comment

Yes its wrong
                The problem here could be your are more in a standing position

When you are down the shot check what is the distance between or hand and your hips
                you need atleast 4 inches gap or so

What is your height?
                Upload a video of your stance and cue action

Best advice is to go see a coach

Comment

1m 68cm
                  i dont know where i can find a coach in dublin

Comment

hi david, found some good advice on weight distribution in this recent thread titled "Leaning into the shot" ... hope this helps...

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=26952
                    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

cazmack 1 , i have sent a pm , please check !

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
                        hi david, found some good advice on weight distribution in this recent thread titled "Leaning into the shot" ... hope this helps...

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=26952
                        thanks, there are some useful tips in this thread

Comment

Working...
                        X