Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I Improve my game in matches.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I Improve my game in matches.....

hello all..............

hi this is tomsnow frm india.. i have one questions to all my friends .howz play good snooker and haveing good coaching skills ... my questions is

in my city .. where i go to play snooker daily .. we only play friendly matches with other players daily about 2 or 3 hours .. so in matches its very difficult to look after all things .. basices right , timming , que action when i put stress on mind on that things then i miss potting .. i lost matches to worst players ..

so any tip to improve game in friendly matches .. or how can i improve my game .. give me good ideas .

tomsnow ...

dont be scared of losing it happens just think about the game winning and losing shouldnt come into ur mind
    tha what!

Comment

tom:

My advice would be to join the bronze section of thesnookergym.com and check it out as there is excellent coaching adviced from Nic Barrow in there and also check out the forum section for coaching tips.

In addition, when you are playing just a friendly match with your snooker mates, treat EVERY frame like it was a tournament frame and remember to keep your head still as this is the biggest problem caused by pressure in tournament situations.

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Take every seriously and give 100%. Take note of your mistakes and try to overcome it.
        Be sure that you got the basics correct. Stance and cueing should be right

Cheers :snooker:

Comment

Just a small tip to try, Invite someone new to come and watch you play such as a few friends who dont play or perhaps a parent or relative.
          If possible why not create a small Tournament between those you practice with and include a small prize of some kind.

It will just change things around a little:snooker:

Comment

Search on youtube you will find a lot of usefull links

Where in India are you from?
            If you want I can introduce you to some good coaches in India

Comment

thanx all ..oh k i will watch snookergym site .. and abhi i am frm ludhaina punjab bro where are u frm... ??????????? in friendly matches i will improve my game.... without drills ??????
              i onethink more terry bro o .. when i try my shots to compleate .. and in end i hit my hand to chest its good right .. and i try all in my shots .. when i hit chest i play very fast and good tip anybody give on this ... ???????
              how can i slow down speed of shots cue ball control

Comment

Bro Tom.. pm Terry ask him about the power level of shot. He will explain in detail to you

Cheers

Comment

You need to do some solo practice and follow some routines
                  Only friendly matches will not improve your game much

Comment

hey abhi ...i aslo practice some times a day bro... but i think more on my stance tenique the problems accours ... no control over shots

Comment

Try to work on your stance in solo practice while cueing up and down balk. Get into your stance without any ball on table and check the comfort level

BUT NEVER EVER TRY to practice a stance while playing matches
                      When you are playing matches just forget about stance and do what comes natural concentrate more on the game

Eventually you will get into what is natural and comfortable

The whole point of stance is to get the line of aim correct and deliver to cue straight. So dont focus too much on your legs

Comment

oh k bro try u methods ...where u frm abhi ...????????

Comment

ahmedabad gujarat

Comment

thats kool bro .. and u play any level in snooker ????? u are getting coching frm any coach i have one question more ...

how i get rid of jerk .. in my game i think in my cue action there is little bit jerk .. how can i slove it ... any good tips ......... thats why donot control the ball some times

Comment

lengthen your backswing a little
                              pause at the back swing accelerate slowly and increase pace. Sounds tough at start and you wont get power in your shots. But eventually you will end up jerking less and smoother follow through and more and controlled power

Make sure you hit the chest with your cue every time. You may be jerking because of the fear of hitting the chest. ITs actually good to hit the chest.

Check if you are lifting your head during delivery. This is one reason you may be jerking and hitting the white not where intended.

Let me know how it goes

Comment

Working...
                              X