Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I Improve my game in matches.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh k bro i will try this .. ur method u recive my private massage...

u have yahoo id ... can we talk about game more

my id tom.snow99@yahoo.com

Comment

tom:

Get rid of the jerk by slowing everything down to where it feels really smooth. Most jerks are caused by too fast a backswing and then no rear pause.

If you slow down the backswing sufficiently then there is no real need for a rear pause if you don't already have one, which I suspect you don't if you still have a jerk when you start the delivery.

Also, the advice on starting the delivery slowly and building up the acceleration is a very good one but it is hard to work on as it throws you right off. Only do it in solitary practice

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

thanks terry bro it helps me lot .. but when deliver ..slowly i miss my shots ..
        so slow backswing is k . it helps me .. how deliver fast any tips for that...

Comment

The acceleration of the cue should be almost the same for every shot and what determines the power you will apply is the length of the backswing, short for low power shots (maybe 2-3 inches) longer or medium paced shots (3-5 inches) and even longer for higher power shots (5 to 9 inches).

Only those players who have learned and use a long backswing on every shot have to change their rate of acceleration (see Mark Selby as best example, with Stephen Maguire a close second). This is a very difficult thing to master however once mastered it does make it very difficult to not accelerate through the cueball.

I advocate and use the different length of backswing for different amount of power as per the Terry Griffiths school of thought

Terry
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

hi guys, on a slightly different note, i was recently asked by a young player in my club of the standard of snooker that a tpo 16 player would be producing in practise. I could not answer for all players of course, but know that mark allen often notches up as many as 10 centuries against good amateurs on his star table in his club in practise sessions, on some days, my point being how high the standard of the top players nowadays!

Comment

Working...
            X