• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rushing !

Hi everyone,
    guys i have two questions !
    1) How can i stop rushing around when i am amongst the ball , my mates say
    i am playing like Tony Drago ! even though i am aware of it,but i can not seem to control myself. My brain speeds up, THIS happens When i am playing a match or even a friendly frame ! which Leeds to missing sitters.
    2) This question is result of the above mentioned problem , TENSION or stiffness in the cueing arm , i just feel like freezing in my entire body
    can't take the cue back far enough , shoulder movement ,poor position and
    loss of timing .
    PLEASE help me to stop this !
    THANKS !

You are not alone. I have coached a number of people like you. The first thing I would suggest is that you need a routine. Just by getting a routine it will automatically slow you down and get you doing all the things you should be doing.

I suggest standing back from the shot and visualizing your shot before walking in and getting into position. When you are down and lined up start your feathers and try using 3 slow and long feathers before a slow backswing and nice follow through.

By doing the same thing for every shot you will not speed up and it will make you more consistent. The above is just a rough idea. I would suggest finding a good coach who will help you to do this.

On the second point you have said you are tense and stiff in your cueing. Your grip is probably too tight and this can lead to tightness in the arm and shoulder. Experiment with a looser grip so that the grip is just cradling the cue and not holding it.

I hope this helps a little.

Gavin
    coaching is not just for the pros
    www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

Working...
    X