X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue is not parallel on angel shots

hi all .......
    this is tom

i have one question.. yesterday i was playing a frame with my friend.. i notice one thing that i when i am playing . angel,cutting shots my cue is not parallel when i try to make my cue parallel i miss shots ... i am left handed player .. my left leg is on line of aim right ... in angel shots cutting shots ... then i play my shots .. i see my left foot is not on line of aim ... when i put my left foot on line aim my my cue is not parallel...so i need help in that case ............... need good tips thanks all

TOMSNOW........

Mate, you're a human being trying to play shots only angels could pot...you need a divine intervention...

Sorry, couldn't resist...I'm sure coaches here will help...

Comment

ya i am waiting for coach replies brooooooo

Comment

it seems you are going down on the shot with the wrong line of aim and then readjusting.

Comment

The solution is pretty simple here. Obviously you are either getting down with the cue on the incorrect line of aim or else adjusting it once you are down.

First of all, until you master this game and can run consistent 50+ breaks DO NOT USE ANY SIDE EXCEPT FOR THE BREAK SHOT AND VERY EASY POTS OVER THE POCKET.

Next...getting down correctly is very important. Read longbomber's post here about shot preparation before you get down, then drop your head STRAIGHT DOWN with no sideways movement.

When dropping into the shot keep your eyes ON THE OBJECT BALL until you are ready to start feathering. Do not move any part of your body from this point forward except your right elbow and eyes and allow the cue to push the back fingers out of the way during the backswing.

Integrate a front pause into your cue action which is at the end of the feathering and before you start the final backswing.

Terry
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

thanx terry bro .....
            this is good idea .. i checked ... when i am getting down .. i have to object ball right .??
            2 when start feathering i have cue ball this is right... pause on front .. this is right..
            3 on final back swing.. what i have to do see the object ball .. or cue ??????????

Comment

Tom:

The eyes REMAIN on the object ball while you are getting down and until you are in the address position.

Secondaly, you ONLY look at the cue during the two pauses, i.e. - the first pause when you first get down into the address position and before you start feathering and at the 'front pause' when you finish your feathering and before you start your final backswing.

During the feathering you do not look at the cue and your eyes should move back and forth between the object ball and the spot of the cueball you want to hit. DO NOT LOOK AT THE CUE AT THIS STAGE UNTIL THE CUE IS AT REST IN THE ADDRESS POSITION DURING THE FRONT PAUSE.

At some time during the backswing or at the rear pause (if you have one) your eyes go to the object ball for the final time and stay there until after you have delivered the cue.

Again, it is VITALLY important to deliver the cue and STAY STILL with the cue extended and your eyes (only - no head movement) follow the object ball to the pocket. (Steve Davis recommends you keep your eyes locked on where the object ball was, but I find this difficult with the movement going on and trying to see a now empty spot).

The absolutely most important aspect of this is NO UPPER BODY MOVEMENT FROM THE TIME YOUR HAND HITS THE TABLE UNTIL YOU HAVE FINISHED THE DELIVERY OF THE CUE AND REMAIN STILL AT THE END OF THE DELIVERY.

Terry
              Terry Davidson

Comment

hello terry bro

thanks for this great tip .........

now i understand all ....1.when i am not addressing position, i have to look object ball . this is right bro ....
                2 when i on table to play shot ...2 times i have to look ... cue ball.1 when before feathering.. 2 when i am front pause ..
                3 on final backswing i have no upper boby movement ;head still...
                thats it ...

tell me bro this is right way or i am wrong to understand to u

thanks again to help me

tomsnow

Comment

I don't think I can explain this any better than I already have. Read my posts and ensure you follow the advice.

Or you can try the longbomber's technique and put your cue down on the line of aim and walk into it.

Mind you, there are only a couple of pros using this technique and my own theory is that it is more important to drop your head straight down on the shot and keep your eyes on the object ball as you drop down.

Terry
                  Terry Davidson

Comment

Angels!

Originally Posted by tom snow View Post
                    hi all .......
                    this is tom

i have one question.. yesterday i was playing a frame with my friend.. i notice one thing that i when i am playing . angel,cutting shots my cue is not parallel when i try to make my cue parallel i miss shots ... i am left handed player .. my left leg is on line of aim right ... in angel shots cutting shots ... then i play my shots .. i see my left foot is not on line of aim ... when i put my left foot on line aim my my cue is not parallel...so i need help in that case ............... need good tips thanks all

TOMSNOW........
                    The following assumes 3 things about your stance:
                    1. That it is consistent.
                    2. That is gives you a comfortable seet up at the table.
                    3. That is lets you move the cue about 4 inches up and then 4 inches down while remaining comfortable.

Often the height of the cue can make it easier or harder to aim, as can the height a player plays on the cue ball make an effect on their ability to aim.
                    So What I suggest is to take a simple angled ball that you woudl make 7 or 8 out of 10.

Then play the pot SLOWLY at gradually decreasing angles of cue.
                    Playing slowly means that the POWER of the shot wont be causing you to miss - IE it will help to show if lowering the angle of the cue will help you to miss. You may reach a lowness of cue that makes the aiming difficult.

Repeat above exercise playing top of cue ball, centre cue ball an bottom cue ball to see if there is a preference here.

This is the height of cue that you need to practice at.
                    Your ultimate target is to have NO PREFERENCE on height of cue or height on cue ball.
                    The reason you dont want a preference is that is you have a preference then the opposite of that must therefore be a weakness.
                    So you want to be neutral to all cue heights and all heights on the cue ball.

ONLY THEN can you start playing with more power on those shots you are practicing (which brings another reason for missing into the game).

Hope this helps.
                    Improving Your Game, From Every Angle: The Snooker Gym

Comment

thanx nic bro its good tips .. and terry bro u tip helped me lot head is great .. tip for me ............ thanx bro and look the post of long bro of potting ... we need ur help there......
                      thanx again
                      tomsnow

Comment

Working...
                      X