Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hit the chest yes or no

hi all ...
    i have one question ... so when i am playing i notice one thing that ... on every i donot hit chest .. so any good tip for that if am play black ball one the cue near by it .. i have just push the cue ball .. at this time i aslo hit chest or no need of that... i notice not every shot i hit my chest other wise my potting improve lot ... so any good tip on that .. on screw shot i hit my chest

The answer is ALWAYS (unless the balls are too close together an you will foul).

With a loose grip it should be natural to drive the hand all the way through to the chest anyway

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Good advice as always terry the hand should hit the chest it shows you have followed through .Terry i am 6ft 4 tall and have developed a bad back over the years so i have tried different stances but the last couple of weeks i have tried bending both legs and i can say it has put 20 points on my game i can see the balls better and get down to the shot easier what is your view on both legs bent cheers mick .

Comment

mick:

I would .normally recommend the rear leg or grip hand side leg to be straight, however at your height and with a back problem the number one concern takes over and that is a player's COMFORT.

As long as you can stay still on the shot and are stable and comfortable, there's nothing wrong with having both legs bent. (See Peter Ebdon and also a couple of others I can't think of offhand).

The correct (or more acurately - the 'ideal') stance does enforce a twist in the spine in order to get the hips over to the left on a right handed player and this spine twist can be uncomfortable, especially in taller or older players.

Keep playing with both your legs bent since if you screw up your spine from playing snooker it would effect your quality of life in all other things and you would likely have to give up snooker.

Terry
        Terry Davidson

Comment

Thanks Terry i will stick with it i know it looks a bit strange but i have tried standing like steve davis ect but if i am potting the balls then it does not matter i seem to be hitting the ball well this way and get a lot more action on the white thanks again Terry .

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            The answer is ALWAYS (unless the balls are too close together an you will foul).

With a loose grip it should be natural to drive the hand all the way through to the chest anyway

Terry
            THANX TERRY BRO .. WE ALWAYS HIT THE CHEST right terry bro?
            terry bro i have one question that ... when i play slow speed just 2 or 3 inches backswing shots in that shots i donot hit my chest ?? or so any good advice for that .. ?

Comment

tom:

How about using your common sense a bit? The answer is just choke up on the cue so your hand still hits the chest but your follow-through is limited to just 3 inches or so.

'Choking up on the cue' means your grip hand comes forward on the cue so in the address position the grip hand forearm is in front of the vertical

Terry
              Terry Davidson

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                tom:

How about using your common sense a bit? The answer is just choke up on the cue so your hand still hits the chest but your follow-through is limited to just 3 inches or so.

'Choking up on the cue' means your grip hand comes forward on the cue so in the address position the grip hand forearm is in front of the vertical

Terry
                thanx bro ... ya follow- through is about not limited bro .. sometimes in game i donot follow through thats the problem i am facing these days .. but now i tried to hit every shot to chest it improve my game .thanx terry

Comment

Working...
                X