Cue extension and Looped bridge instead of Rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue extension and Looped bridge instead of Rest

Like many non top players, i don't like using the rest. I play more pool than snooker so don't get that much practise with it . I recently got a slip on cue extension and am doing quite well using it instead of the rest but i made the adjustment of using an american style looped bridge instead of an open bridge because the distance between the bridge and the ball is so long.

Thoughts ?

The problem you have with using a long bridge is that it shifts the balance of the cue, it will be more tip heavy than 'normal'. This in-consistency will not help your game.

That said, if you have a 'standard' (the same every time) long bridge length and practice with it enough then you should be fine... it's probably no much different to practicing with a rest... which is what I'd do, personally.
    "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
    - Linus Pauling

Comment

Nothing wrong with a looped bridge provided you can make a good one and can adjust the height easily whilst maintaining stability. A lot of players do find the looped bridge more stable and it's also helpful for older players who are not able to crook their thumbs and cannot form a good 'V' with the open bridge.

Joe Davis recommended the loop bridge for power shots years ago and Frank Callan recommends in his book that players should try it.

The only problem is it does interrupt the line of the cue used for aiming, but that is not too much of a big deal

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
      X