Cueing arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cueing arm

when I get down in the shot my shoulder sticks out and my elbow is not directly behind my head. is there a way I can fix this?

lol. I'd of thought there's nothing wrong with your technique Ding. I've seen loads of vids of yo playing and your cue arm is piston straight, dw bout it. lol
    Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Its just recently happened lol

Comment

LOL, agreed...I think your technique is crystal solid.
        Last edited by poolqjunkie; 7 December 2010, 06:49 PM.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Ding Junhui View Post
          when I get down in the shot my shoulder sticks out and my elbow is not directly behind my head. is there a way I can fix this?
          Lol, the best joke this week

Seriously, maybe some practising with a mirror could help to put your alignment together again. If not, maybe you have other talents to feed on:snooker:
          Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

Originally Posted by Ding Junhui View Post
            If you upload a video of your action, on a real table, potting long blues, take video from directly behind. If you're lucky Terry Davidson will comment on it. I'll certainly have a look as well.

Some advice Terry gave me was that if your elbow is less than 1-2 inches from center, it's probably fine. The important thing is the ability to bring the cue through straight.

Something to try, push your bridge arm out until it's almost straight, but make sure it's still comfortable. This will require you hold the cue up to a couple of inches closer to the butt end to compensate for the longer distance to bridge hand.

This should bring your right (assuming right handed) shoulder round behind the head (from a front on view) and lock it in place, so it wont move on the shot. It also tends to bring the elbow in line.

(Thanks to Terry for this advice)
            "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
            - Linus Pauling

Comment

ok mate im going down the club on saturday for some solo practice so i will make a video and i am left handed buddy

Comment

Listen losing to mark Allen is no disgrace and should not lead to you changing your perfect technique

Comment

no need to start doing a ronnie just cause your game isn't working and swapping hands! remember only on breakoffs.

Comment

Ding: I think it'll be quite a while before all the wisecracking stops... if ever...
                    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Working...
                    X