Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stance help

righty then, i need a bit of help in regards to the 'stance'

well if i look at most pro's stances, (right hand players) i noticed the right straight leg is almost leaning at an angle? bit like \. where as my right leg is vertical, but the problem i'm getting is it seems my weight is 70-30 in that leg, should it be more evenly shifted so is this why i see players having a slight angle?

regards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuAybFy38h4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRDwmGXTL1Y

Hope this helps :snooker:

Comment

just a matter of personal preference, just so long as it keeps your body, head and cue delivery stable and still during the shot.

Comment

I think taller players end up with more of a lean than shorter players, as they need to lower the upper body further to get down on a shot.

The amount of lean 'required', assuming your right foot is on the line of the shot, is enough to get the right hip out of the way of the cue/hand on the backswing. Any more would only be comfort/preference and any less would hamper cueing.
        "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
        - Linus Pauling

Comment

does anyone else ever suffer from pain in the back of the neck after playing for an hour?

Comment

My right foot points in the direction I'm aiming and I "walk" into the stance, keeping my right foot firm, my left leg come up almost in line (slightly infront) of my right leg, feet about shoulder width apart. This feels very comfortable and my stance feels solid.
            Last edited by Welshsteve; 15 December 2010, 04:55 PM.
            Cheers
            Steve

Comment

How do you think of this article ?

http://originalomin.com/2009/07/31/l...stances-by-jc/

Comment

what about the neck thing?

Comment

I never experience pain in my neck during playing, though till sometime back I used to experience pain in my left shoulder after playing for an hour or so. I figured out that it was because I was putting too much weight on my bridge hand (I'm right handed), and I wasn't resting my left elbow on the table.

I incorporated this into my game by only doing solo practice for a week and not play any matches at all, then it became natural and now I can play for hours without any discomfort. Oh, I'm 24 btw.

Comment

Originally Posted by stephenm2682 View Post
                    does anyone else ever suffer from pain in the back of the neck after playing for an hour?
                    I get this after about 3-4 hours of playing I've noticed. I just have a 10-20 minute break then continue practice. :snooker:
                    Must of been a kick

Comment

Working...
                    X