Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Bending on Backswing...

Greetings everyone.

I'm sure some of you have noticed this phenomena whilst watching some of the pros on TV.

On the backswing, when the camera is behind the shot, you can clearly see the cue physically bending??

Has anyone else noticed this, and thought about why it happens??

is that only when uri geller plays the shot? maybe he was in the audience using the 'power of the mind'

Comment

ive noticed this too but i dont have an exact reason why only idea of why t happens. In particular you notice it on o'sullivan, hendry, robertson and ding but does this happen to everyone?

Comment

All that is happening is the cue arm is lifting up on the backswing and the cue is being bent upwards against the chin.

Comment

Yeah I don't think the cue is actually being bent on the backswing, just that not that many players actually pull the cue back on a perfectly level line.

Comment

whippier cues?... is it deep screws or similar power shots that you're noticing this on?

Comment

I am not sure if it is the cue bending, or just an optical illusion???

Comment

Originally Posted by checkSide View Post
                I am not sure if it is the cue bending, or just an optical illusion???
                It's an optical illusion... You get many optical illusions on telly! I'm sure if you watch the same players in real, you won't see/notice this phenomenon.
                Winner of C77's Masters Fantasy Game 2010
                Joint-winner of montoya10/theasaris' Shanghai Masters Fantasy Game 2010

Comment

Working...
                X