Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching?? worth it?

Hi all - just joined this forum.

Little bit about me before asking my question ..
    Ive had a 137 in a match and had a 146 in practice and had max in line-up.

I seem to be very inconsistant. Ive now got a table in my house- riley aristocrat which are supertight and was used on main tour last season etc etc.

I have never been coached at all and was wondering if it worth it at all??
    People say cause im a ok standard then i must have a ok cue arm stance shot selection etc etc and being 32 can i get better at this age.

My questions are : At 32 with a coach and alot practice could a improve a great deal??

Im based in Chester - any coaches near chester??

thanks in advance any info or input be great

Well im 42 and play to a half decnt standard on my day and i,m going to get coaching after xmas .

It will detect and help iron out any faults in youre technique that you know or are not aware of .

I think it will help the consistency in your game .

It,s just a matter of who to go with .
    Last edited by hotpot; 16 December 2010, 05:32 PM.

Comment

thanks for your reply..I really dont have nay ideas of coaches etc, A friend of mine goes to the snooker farm del hills for coaching for week at a time..Im not really in a position to do that. so after a local ish coach..

Anyone eles have any thoughts info

thanks again

Comment

the simple answer is yes.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Player147 View Post

My questions are : At 32 with a coach and alot practice could a improve a great deal??

Im based in Chester - any coaches near chester??

Yes you could Improve a Great Deal but aldepends on the Person, As I have been into Snooker/Pool for Over 30yrs and Im Still Learning....lol

I am Not sure if there are Any Good Coaches in Chester, But I would imagine there are a few in Cheshire/Liverpool which isn't far from you is it.

There is Terry Griffiths in Llanelli but as you Mentioned you dont wanna Spend alot so Maybe just Type into Google/Youtube Snooker Coaching as there are a few Different people on there for FREE.

Hope this Helps Gaz.

Comment

The maximum break website used to have lists of coaches from all areas. Try sending Del Hill and email. I;m sure if he's unable to help, he can tell you where you can go. Sheffield isn't too far away so you could try a coach based at the academy
            Cheers
            Steve

Comment

I'm pretty sure there's a 'Liverpool Snooker Academy' run by Neil Johnson who also does the Gravity Cue. Try going to their website as I can't remember if it's Liverpool or Manchester they are based in.

I'm certain I've seen a webpage for a snooker academy in Liverpool and they do individual coaching by the hour, although most coaches will prefer 2hr sessions. Figure around 30 to 40 quid per hour I'd think for a decent coach.

If you really get stuck I believe Jim Donnelley from Glasgow travels in your area and he is a very good coach. Google him.

Terry
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
              X