Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone play every shot with side?(accidentley)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
    KD

did you alter your stance when you altered your eye alignment?

if so, what did you do to change it?
    The only thing I changed is my left leg it's more infront me rather than side on

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford
      Thanks mate!!!
      Another friend of mine got me an Alice band, I looked like an itailian footballer at best or a right t**t at worsed!
      To be honest I'm considering using it but I will get crusified at league games!
      how about this - http://www.rlsco.com/images/2100-7.gif ?

anyway, if youre being serious, then its a problem that occurs quite often. best to just wear what you feel comfortable with. if you get the urine taken out of you, make sure you win. shuts most folk up.

Comment

Very good!
        Yeh maybe your right!
        and I thick that Ronnie and Hunter looked ok with the hairbands but they were better than me and I'm not winning many in the league at the mo!
        It's nearly long enough to go over my ear that might solve it!
        I just hope my game will all go back to normal if I get my hair out of my face!
        I hope I've not adjusted too much then struggle to go back!

Comment

Originally Posted by ..KiD DyNaMiTe..

The only thing I changed is my left leg it's more infront me rather than side on
          id be inclined to think that youre "improvement" in potting or consistency is due to improving your balance and thinking more about your approach and cueing, rather than your eye line up, as more often than not, changing to a dominant eye takes a good few months before any significant consistant improvement is detected.

probably too hard to tell by just info on here.

more things can be seen than explained to help in such cases

your height, how you hold the cue, how dominant your dominant eye is etc.....

good that you seem to be playing well though

Comment

In topic im sure john higgiins plays a lot of his shots with side along with peter ebdon. I seem to rember seeing alex higgins play without seeing a shot were he didnt play with sied

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
              id be inclined to think that youre "improvement" in potting or consistency is due to improving your balance and thinking more about your approach and cueing, rather than your eye line up, as more often than not, changing to a dominant eye takes a good few months before any significant consistant improvement is detected.

probably too hard to tell by just info on here.

more things can be seen than explained to help in such cases

your height, how you hold the cue, how dominant your dominant eye is etc.....

good that you seem to be playing well though
              ....Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by Stunrunthru
                A good excercise to get rid of this problem is to have just the white on the browns spot. Just try to play the white up and down the table so that it goes over the blue pink and black spot and then over them again on its way back up the table.
                Agreed. I suggest putting a ball at either side of the spots also (leave enough room for the cue ball to pass through, say an extra 15mm or so).
                Mon the Rocket

Comment

Originally Posted by Cessy143
                  Agreed. I suggest putting a ball at either side of the spots also (leave enough room for the cue ball to pass through, say an extra 15mm or so).
                  I saw this on a snooker training video. I might try it next time

Comment

Even used to play with right side every shot as i m left eyed...gradually i asked for advices and now i can finally play every ball with centre...and make breaks more often

Comment

How did you come across the thread? It's nearly 8 years old

Comment

Wanted to see the oldest posts

Comment

Working...
                        X