Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone play every shot with side?(accidentley)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone play every shot with side?(accidentley)

I've been told I ALWAYS put right hand side on the cue ball even when I'm potting straight shots. To me it looks as if I'm playing it center ball but after adjusting I can now tell I wasn't and I now can pot every straight shot 1st time and hardly miss any pots.

Any else play with side every shot? I think Stuart Bingham does.

I actually knocked in a 47 and 42 today..I think I'm on a new HB very very soon

I very much doubt any of the pros unintentionally play with side spin.

Comment

I tend to hit most of my shots with screw even when I don't need to.
      It gets on my nerves a wee bit.
      TSF World Champion 2010
      TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
      BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Originally Posted by Alex0paul
        I use to have a tendancy of playing most shots with screw too LOL

Comment

i was hitting the cue ball on the Left side unintentionally before my coach pointed it out. My older brother plays EVERY SHOT and thats no exaggeration with screw!
          im dreaming of...a century:rolleyes: ..But one day...it will come.;)

Comment

Playing every shot with screw is when a player has just begun playing. Thats mostly because it gives the player confidence while playing the shot.

I used to do that too!
            Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

Originally Posted by ..KiD DyNaMiTe..
              I've been told I ALWAYS put right hand side on the cue ball even when I'm potting straight shots. To me it looks as if I'm playing it center ball but after adjusting I can now tell I wasn't and I now can pot every straight shot 1st time and hardly miss any pots.

Any else play with side every shot? I think Stuart Bingham does.

I actually knocked in a 47 and 42 today..I think I'm on a new HB very very soon
              If it looks like you're hitting it centre-ball, but you're actually putting unintentional side on, it sounds to me as if your cue is aligned to the wrong eye... ?

I'm no expert on such matters, but you obviously know HOW to apply side, and don't think you're doing it when you actually are. So eye alignment would spring to my mind.

Comment

Originally Posted by Alex0paul
                I sometimes do that, it's fun sometimes, and sometimes I don't even know I'm doing it, but sometimes it can be annoying, but mostly not.

Comment

Originally Posted by The Statman
                  If it looks like you're hitting it centre-ball, but you're actually putting unintentional side on, it sounds to me as if your cue is aligned to the wrong eye... ?

I'm no expert on such matters, but you obviously know HOW to apply side, and don't think you're doing it when you actually are. So eye alignment would spring to my mind.
                  I actaully have started playing the cue under my left eye(dominant) where before it was in the middle of my chin.

Comment

KD

did you alter your stance when you altered your eye alignment?

if so, what did you do to change it?

Comment

A good excercise to get rid of this problem is to have just the white on the browns spot. Just try to play the white up and down the table so that it goes over the blue pink and black spot and then over them again on its way back up the table.

Comment

I've got a problem were I have started missing pots to the left!
                        It's not side it's not all shots!
                        It's since my hair is in my face and over my left eye, I think this has made me use my other eye more and has cocked up my sighting even when I make sure my hair is out of my face!
                        My game is really suffering!

Comment

Originally Posted by Stunrunthru
                          A good excercise to get rid of this problem is to have just the white on the browns spot. Just try to play the white up and down the table so that it goes over the blue pink and black spot and then over them again on its way back up the table.
                          prior to that, playing across the table along the D line is a good starting point.

you will be able to see the ball travelling along the line, and also be able to see your follow through of the cue in relation to the straught D line

once you know youre putting the cue through straight, do what SRT has suggested.

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford
                            I've got a problem were I have started missing pots to the left!
                            It's not side it's not all shots!
                            It's since my hair is in my face and over my left eye, I think this has made me use my other eye more and has cocked up my sighting even when I make sure my hair is out of my face!
                            My game is really suffering!

suggest -

http://www.naturalhealthsupply.com/p...hair-spray.jpg

Comment

Thanks mate!!!
                              Another friend of mine got me an Alice band, I looked like an itailian footballer at best or a right t**t at worsed!
                              To be honest I'm considering using it but I will get crusified at league games!

Comment

Working...
                              X