Give this a try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give this a try

After a pretty indifferent season on the table were i guess ive been lazy, just content to rest on my laurels after winning a kinda big local tournament last summer.
    Infact ive spent most of the year drinking too many "shandies" and throwing mostly rubbish darts.

The world championship comes around again and suddenly im inspired to practice snooker again.
    And today while working on potting the black from all angles i remembered something that helps me (funny how you forget things that actually help you at this mad game isnt it)

I spent an hour or so potting the black off its spot from all angles but concentrating mostly on blind cut backs.
    i find when i do this by the way, all the angles from above the black where you can see the pocket opening quickly become much easier.
    I worked on this until i was potting the black from almost every where (i find if you do it long enough an imaginary line appears from the black to the pocket and you automatically get down in position to make the ball).

Anyhow to finish my session i set up a few random balls around the table and proceeded to try potting them. It occured to me to imagine every shot was a black off its spot regardless of the position on the table. All i can say is wow.. balls were flying in and i was cueing almost as freely as ronnie.

I remembered having a purple patch a few years ago after doing this why the hell haven't i done this kind of preparation again since? guess im just a muppet!

Anyway thought id share it for you guys to try. Let me know if every shots a black works for you too.

Originally Posted by the priest View Post
    After a pretty indifferent season on the table were i guess ive been lazy, just content to rest on my laurels after winning a kinda big local tournament last summer.
    Infact ive spent most of the year drinking too many "shandies" and throwing mostly rubbish darts.

The world championship comes around again and suddenly im inspired to practice snooker again.
    And today while working on potting the black from all angles i remembered something that helps me (funny how you forget things that actually help you at this mad game isnt it)

I spent an hour or so potting the black off its spot from all angles but concentrating mostly on blind cut backs.
    i find when i do this by the way, all the angles from above the black where you can see the pocket opening quickly become much easier.
    I worked on this until i was potting the black from almost every where (i find if you do it long enough an imaginary line appears from the black to the pocket and you automatically get down in position to make the ball).

Anyhow to finish my session i set up a few random balls around the table and proceeded to try potting them. It occured to me to imagine every shot was a black off its spot regardless of the position on the table. All i can say is wow.. balls were flying in and i was cueing almost as freely as ronnie.

I remembered having a purple patch a few years ago after doing this why the hell haven't i done this kind of preparation again since? guess im just a muppet!

Anyway thought id share it for you guys to try. Let me know if every shots a black works for you too.
    Best practice you can get is in tournament play. Good luck

Comment

Working...
    X