Stephen Lee's cue action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Lee's cue action

Yet again Dennis Taylor has mentioned about Stephen's {rolls royce) cue action but yet again he has miss cued..this is not the first time that i have seen him miss cue and dammage his tip....so my qusetion is this...if his cue action is as good as they keep saying then why does he keep miss cueing ?
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

i'm with you on this,seen him jump/miscue the ball a good few times,he can generate lots of cue power,however this doesnt mean his action is great,he tends to "dip" on the ball &l ooks like he tightens his grip too early quite a bit.
    H.b.142

Comment

I agree with the OP. But he does have a very smooth looking action when he's not mis cue-ing. I guess it's one of those pub facts that the commentary team like to pluck out at regular intervals(whilst completely ignoring other options!). I think when Ronnies in full flow his cue action is like silk that's been left to sit in baby oil overnight! Other classics they come up with include: "Ronnie's the most naturally talented player to pick up a cue"(ignoring how many exactly??!?! lol) or "Left handed players are better long ball potters"(ignoring how many great right handed long potters?!?!?!?!) etc etc.
      Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

He's just had another terrible miscue. His action is overrated IMO, the best cueist's in the game are Murphy Robertson and Ding.

Comment

6 or 7 years ago when he was 6 or 7 stone lighter he probably did have one of the best cue actions, but being the size he is now must affect his stance, and cue arm action ,,,, just my opinion

Comment

Originally Posted by Theguywithaplan View Post
            He's just had another terrible miscue. His action is overrated IMO, the best cueist's in the game are Murphy Robertson and Ding.
            Jimmy White in his prime ( the 1992 World Snooker final being the match that stands out ) had a truly classy, smooth, rolls royce action. Such a shame he's piled on the pounds as he's got older and his balance is shot.

Comment

Stephen lee's cue action is good because he gets through the white without 'hitting' at it. He generates a lot of action on the white and yet is still able to stroke the balls in. I agree that on the downside he does dip down sometimes at the cue ball on screw shots and this is why he miscues now and again. Personally I still think he has a great cue action but I would put Murphy at the top of my list.
              coaching is not just for the pros
              www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

Working...
              X