No announcement yet.

The player you most hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe very much that you are actually talking about the mental aspect of the game. Techniques we all have, albeit some unorthodox ones, as long as it works! It is our mentality that hinders us in fully utilising the techniques we have.

This is in fact a very common problem that I myself have. You think you play like Mr Ronnie O on the practice table, you are getting pin-point positioning and simply won't miss... but when you have an actual game with a mate your mind sometimes throw you off line and you start to focus on the wrong things instead of on your own game! That is how my game falls apart most of the time. When I play really well through out a whole session I find that my mind is really just focused on my own game instead of worrying about what is happening when I'm not at the table. Takes a lot of discipline!
    John Lim

Targets to beat: -line up 63, 78 (Nov 2012)- -practice match 67 (Nov 2012)- -competition 33 (Oct 2011)-

Comment

HI D o like Ronnie Osullivan read a book or do your nails do not look at the player you are playing against. if he is a slow player do like him take longer times to shoot the balls this will drive him crazy

Comment

Why worry about it on a snooker table? I've always maintained the main difference between pool and snooker is that in pool you play your opponent, but in snooker you play the table. My best mate is the guy I play with more often than not and his technique is awful, he's flukey on pots, on positioning, on everything. He has no concept of the technicalities of the game and whilst I'm not that good, he is definately much worse overall, ESPECIALLY tactically. BUT if I let all that bother me during a session of say 4 frames, he'll probably win 3 outta 4. Where as if I just concentrate on enjoying my game I'll win all four.

Though the one thing he does do that irritates me is take FOREVER on shots where there is only one shot on. You know the sort, them from the Peter Ebdon school of snooker=P Just gets a bit boring

Comment

Why worry about it on a snooker table? I've always maintained the main difference between pool and snooker is that in pool you play your opponent, but in snooker you play the table. My best mate is the guy I play with more often than not and his technique is awful, he's flukey on pots, on positioning, on everything. He has no concept of the technicalities of the game and whilst I'm not that good, he is definately much worse overall, ESPECIALLY tactically. BUT if I let all that bother me during a session of say 4 frames, he'll probably win 3 outta 4. Where as if I just concentrate on enjoying my game I'll win all four.

Though the one thing he does do that irritates me is take FOREVER on shots where there is only one shot on. You know the sort, them from the Peter Ebdon school of snooker=P Just gets a bit boring

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
            You spend hours playing up and down the spots concentrate on your grip, stance, go through all the practice routines and get what you think is a good technique and make some good breaks, Then in he walks ! he has no technique stands almost upright his bridge hand is about three inches from the ball he never gets down on the shot but just views it from above, he then proceeds to beat the s*** out of you, has any other member come across this nightmare, boy does it knock your confidence.
            Sounds to me that he doesn't have the problem - You do. If he is that bad and beats the s**** out of you then it doesn't say much for your game, does it? The first thing here is to be honest with yourself. You think you are better than you are, and certainly better than the man you are playing, but quite clearly, you aren't. The more he frustrates you, the more your game will go downhill. Don't hate him, respect him - then you can respect yourself, realise where you are going wrong and put it right. Obviously you are not getting any decent breaks, cos if you were, he would be needing snookers by the time you get down to the colours. If a poor player winds you up as much as it seems to, maybe you are playing the wrong game. We all get tense in competitions and league matches, and sometimes, we even play well below par. But if its happening week in and week out, your game is in big trouble. And maybe, its actually in your head.

Comment

When I'm playing, I play the table and the balls, when my opponent is on the table all I think to myself is what to do better. Never watch your oppenent play as it can affect the way you play dramatically, you can watch the shots and pots but never what your opponent does, unless of course you are watching Ronnie or one of the other Pros on the circuit.

Comment

The ones who shake your hand as if they dont want to , really wind you up does that .

Comment

Watching opponents

Originally Posted by Zayne Clarkson View Post
                  When I'm playing, I play the table and the balls, when my opponent is on the table all I think to myself is what to do better. Never watch your opponent play as it can affect the way you play dramatically, you can watch the shots and pots but never what your opponent does, unless of course you are watching Ronnie or one of the other Pros on the circuit.
                  most important things to watch are how the cushions and table play always watch the angles of a fluke as you could learn a new shot and always have a glimpse of the calls lie because you may see a plant your opponent has missed also gives you more time to consider your options for when your opponent breaks down
                  Last edited by LittleMissAlexa; 18 January 2012, 07:41 PM. Reason: Typo
                  Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

I like the reading a book idea but if your playing against messers lawler and mcleod what happens when you run out of books
                    Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Judd Trump,hes too super player.
                      Last edited by seppo147; 19 January 2012, 08:36 PM. Reason: Ronnie was angry to Judds luck factory

Comment

i hate the players who just pot one ball, and don't even think of position, then try and take on a silly dangerous shot, either pot it and again leave themselves on nothing, or miss it and constantly leave it safe, ahh.

Comment

I'm the one that people in my league, not so much hate, but maybe dislike a little! I mean I watch as other matches unfold, and some pepole have superb techniques and really look the business. I play however - my stance is incorrect, I have the cue down the side of my right cheek, nothing is in line, BUT, it seems to work for me and has done since I've played regularly for the past 5 years or so.

I hold my own in the league, not the greatest player and not the worst either. Come the end of the night, the opposing team will often question me as to why I stand how I do, and I don't know the answer! It does hamper me at times though as I lose my fair share of matches.

I often think that people in the league are thinking "That stupid kid (I'm 19, most league players are 40+) doesn't even stand right but managed to beat me".
                          :snooker:
                          High break: 117
                          2013 Midlands University Snooker Champion

Comment

I have this one player who comes to the club as if he has not even slept properly. Simply and casually dressed. When he is on the table, usually, he would just pick up his cue and go down to the table and start potting almost everything. His positional play is rather week however his potting is awesome that placing has little to do with his game. He would pott difficult ones and recover easily. This thing that I hate with that guy is that he has had no coaching at all, never played serious matches, not as much in love with the game as I am. Doesnt have a proper stance (would just stand with even both legs bent at times) line of aim walking in shot pre shot routine, he has never heard of these things at all... but he is too bloody consistent.

Totally opposite to what I am in to but he gets the results whereas I keep thinking what is wrong with my game...!
                            "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

Working...
                            X