Help Me Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Please

For years ive cued under my left eye thinking im left eyed dominant.
    After a series of eye tests ive found out im even sighted heres where the problems start.
    Because ive always played like this my right shoulder is locked into place when down on the cue and the cue is always to the left eye.
    I need to get the cue into the center of my chin and have tried different methods and different stances but the cue always ends up in the same place because of my bloody shoulder.
    When the cue is centered i can see so much more please any suggestions or ideas how i can fix this will be greatly appreciated:

stebbo:

The shoulder being locked and still is a great advantage as a lot of players (myself included) have a difficult time keeping the shoulder still.

My recommendation would be to leave your set-up EXACTLY the same except just turn your head a bit (to the left if you're right handed) which should move the cue more to the centre of the chin without screwing you up by having to change your set-up. Only do this if it does not introduce any discomfort.

If you do find it uncomfortable then switch back to what you had and learn to pot with the cue under the left eye as eventually you will learn to sight that way and with your shoulder and head still you will have a big advantage over a lot of players.

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Yes agree with Terry about keeping current set up and just tilt your head. The late paul hunter had a tilt to his head

Comment

Working...
      X