the grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the grip

sorry i know there is alot of threads about this, but am too lazy to find them to add this.

grip.jpg

just found this pic, thought quite interesting how so many pros have different grips

Notice how a lot of them have that baby finger not even touching the butt. Matthew Stevens has his right off the butt at the back and Ryan Day and Mark Allen never close the baby finger onto the cue.

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

The Hendry picture looks very old, I saw a BBC feature with Hendry and Griffths looking at how his grip and forearm had changed over the years. Interesting, maybe some can find that on youtube or something?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        Notice how a lot of them have that baby finger not even touching the butt. Matthew Stevens has his right off the butt at the back and Ryan Day and Mark Allen never close the baby finger onto the cue.

Terry
        Terry,
        Is having the little finger off or not touching the cue something you recommend?

Comment

A guide for how your grip should be- lay your cue down on the snooker table with the butt hangin over the edge, now pick your cue up . There's your grip .
          When your cueing if the cues not goin back and forward straight you need to loosen your grip if not your fine.
          I like to have all my fingers touching the butt it gives you a less tendency to twist your wrist

Comment

Working...
          X