Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not confident in my technique

Hi, first time post but i've been lurking on here a long time now
    I'll give you all a bit of a background if that's ok........I've been playing around 15 years on and off, and around 8 years in a local league. I've always enjoyed playing but after three defeats in a local club handicap final and a high break of 42 I decided I wanted to improve dramatically and decided to practice as hard as family life will allow. This was 4 years ago and I managed to win the final in 2009 and then after reading and learning so much on here I decided to get some coaching and had 5 lessons with Ian Williamson in the Northern Snooker Centre.
    Basically he put my stance right and also changed the position of the cue under my chin, I had always played with it right under my right eye, but it is now running along my chin but still under my eye if that makes sense.
    After a few lessons he was adamant I was ready to make decent breaks and had me doing quite advanced practice routines that I wasnt over confident with ( i must stress though he was a really nice guy and wasnt taking me for a ride, it was probably me being paranoid.
    Fast forward a year and I am playing at least three times a week, ive had a few 50 breaks in the last few months and plenty of 30/40's, and on the odd day i'm very happy with my game but literally the day after i'm useless.
    I definetely over analyze the game and constantly change my grip, my mate who is the best player in our team and a century break player reckons its a confidence thing and technically i am fine, but I know that i'm dropping my elbow and i'm probably not low enough on the shot.
    I've taken a few videos on my iphone which I will put on here if any of the coaches/better players will have a look at please and give me a bit of advice.
    How many times do I need to post to put these on?
    Cheers for reading and sorry for rambling
Working...
X