No announcement yet.

The reason for cue ball jump while attempting deep screw with power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed.. This really has been of a great help becasue I have also learnt that timing and nice rythamic follow through are inter-related and timing not only helps in imparting better reaction but also in confirming the pot given that one is accelerating as well at the same time...

I also was only of the opinion that better tip CB contact is the key and had to imitate that feeling without results; now that i know its about closing of hand at the exact point of tip CB contact so I will also try that out from tonight and see how that goes for me...
    "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
      I also was only of the opinion that better tip CB contact is the key and had to imitate that feeling without results; now that i know its about closing of hand at the exact point of tip CB contact so I will also try that out from tonight and see how that goes for me...
      yes agreed sidd, i think a good point that Nic Barrow points out in his DVD is at the address point when you are down and the tip is as close as possible to the cueball, this is the point you close the hand, so if you can get a feel for how your cue arm is at this point you can sense when to close your hand on your follow through, so in affect when feathering at the point when the tip is forward and almost touching the cueball you are trying to feel for this point.

i never thought of it that way, i just feathered until i felt comfortable with my aim, i then played the shot.
      i have a lot of practice to do to get this part into my game, i am hoping that once i acheive this my form will improve.

Alabbadi

Comment

Guys; I went in tonight and played for a few hours. I was playing ok in the begining but then suddenly I sort of lost everything. I was trying to get on to the closing of hand at the point of CB and tip contact moment and then lost it all together and was mis timing every single shot and hence missing everything. Hoever, now that i have coem to know about this closing of hand I think i wasnt playing properly before and need to get this technique right but things dont seem to be my way right now... No clue what to do I even practiced for some time but nothing seemed real to me .. came back out of frustration leaving everything behind... seems like i have forgotten whats right and whats wrong and which way to play any longer... and yes now im feeling so sad and lazy and sleepy... I should doze off now!

Comment

Sidd, do not over analyze stuff, if you do your natural flow will become unnatural. I personally have never thought about the fact if my grip is closing up or not on contact with the cue ball, that sound way to complex and something you should not think about when down on a shot. You surely will tense up on just thinking about that scenario.

Just my opinion, buddy.
          JP Majestic
          3/4
          57"
          17oz
          9.5mm Elk

Comment

I truly second that Throtts. Thanks for mentioning. I think and also Terry has been advising me the same thing over and over again but sometimes I just tend to get carried away keep thinking on technique even in matches almost all the time... I think you are spot on there and my greatest problem is overthinking; so it seems...

I did that and yes indeed my rythym was gone was natural flow was gone and there I was .. playing without timing without the feel and totally confused..

GUYS: Through this agonising process (given that practice tables arent available in my club; so much players and crowdy that you have to play matches) I have learnt the following for good in asmuch as this topic goes:

TIMING is something that cannot be mastered purposefully or with the intension of improving the timing in mind. It is a sub-conscious back of the mind kind of a thing that can only be attained without having to think about it. What I mean is that once your technique is right and you get your full swing, with natural rythym and everything; you sort of automatically start timing every shot properly. In other words when we say or feel (it happens to us all) that we are in the ZONE or GROOVE it is actually a state where we are TIMING excellently; so its one and the same thing. I have been in the zone many times myself and during that timeframe everything happens for me automatically however the funny thing is you cant remember what you were doing that kept you in the zone like how your grip was how you played the shot etc so it cannot be achieved intentionally... however the only key is to attain a natural manner and smooth cueing and rythym and then it comes to you automatically...

Any ideas on that, comments ???

Comment

Working...
            X