Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 break. A first for me

Had a bit practisr tody after work.

I just did a traditional 'line up. Managed a few 16s (red black red pink red)

But impressed myself with a 30 (red black red pink red black red blue red) was well pleased.

WOW !

Congratulations... I know how it feels and what you must have felt while writing this post...!!! Cheers mate

carry on soon you will hit a 50 after all you just need three more colours after 30 to get to a 50

best of luck!
    "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

I remember getting my first 30 in a match, it was 5 reds and 5 colours (cant remember the precise balls) but that started the ball rolling, if you'd excuse the pun, to getting a lot more 30's and later 40's and now even 50's.
      wooooooooo snookerrr

Comment

Cheers fellas.

Makes it worth while making a post when you get a couple of replies.

Cheers

I also knocked a 25 in during a practise 'match' against myself

Comment

I managed to get a 40 at the tale end of last year. My highest break ever.

The one thing I find difficult is that to create a good break, you need to have really good positioning. This makes even simple pots hard due to the extra level of difficulty of making the shot and getting the correct positioning.

Comment

I kniw what your saying cyberheater.

I seem to concentrate more on positional, than potting. Quite annoying when you miss the simple blue into the middle but the cueball lands in perfect position for a red near the black spot!

Comment

I kniw what your saying cyberheater.

I seem to concentrate more on positional, than potting. Quite annoying when you miss the simple blue into the middle but the cueball lands in perfect position for a red near the black spot!

Comment

yeah, the potting just comes from pure practice, The amount of hours I used to play just setting up reds randomly around the black spot and trying to make a break. Eventually I started hitting big numbers in practice, but in a match it never seems to happen the same...
                wooooooooo snookerrr

Comment

Originally Posted by alex_5525 View Post
                  yeah, the potting just comes from pure practice, The amount of hours I used to play just setting up reds randomly around the black spot and trying to make a break. Eventually I started hitting big numbers in practice, but in a match it never seems to happen the same...
                  Well they say the hard bit is playing as well as you do in practise in a match. Even the top players struggle sometimes.

Comment

well done, I think it just 'happens' i started playing once a week again recently and the other night couldn't string two balls together then boom, 34 clearance against dad in law, it had 3 long pots in it as well. keep it up and i'm sure you'll be on for a 50 !

Comment

That's Great. I use to play as a kid at home day and night on a 4x8 3/4" plywood table that my Grandfather bought me. I bought a 1898 Brunswick Pfister 5x10 snooker table last October which is like new. I try to get at least an hour in every day of practice but was not getting any better so I bought the Snooker Gym how to make a 100 Break. Nice Barrows is a fantastic teacher and seeing how I am in Canada I connect with Nic through email. He always answers my questions. My high break so far is 32 and the chapter I am in says I need a 40 break to move on. Very tough...... I had a great chance today and then missed an easy black well I must say nothing is easy on my table. The corner pockets are 1/4" narrow then World Snooker Tables. Biggest problem here is there are not many snooker players Around.
                      " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                      " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                      http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Working...
                      X