No announcement yet.

Practise sessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope that's including a 4hr lunch break?!

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
      6 hours is a long time muck , perhaps a little too long , once you start losing your focus and concentration you become sloppy and can pick up bad habits .
      I'm going to have a 1 hour break during the middle. I hope that refreshes my focus.

Comment

No routine as such but whenever I get a chance and be at the practice table I would start out with placing cue ball on brown spot and hit the spots up and down and try to bring the CB back to hit the tip. After a few times and if the CB is coming back to the tip i ensure I am cueing straight then I would hit em with a little pace for checking my cueing on power shots..

I would also practice long blues off the spot and CB in the middle of pink black spot near the corner pocket in line with a full ball blue.. would repeat that 10 times or more.

Then would take a few long pots (angular ones) as this is my current weakness ... then a full solo line up and yes in the end taking colours... If i have time and dont feel bored/tired I would place only pink and black and take pink to balck to pink kind of exercise...

during solo I can go on as long as i can keep myself enjoying and would stop as soon as I start to get bored/tired.
        "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
          Blacks off the spot is a great routine i used to do it regular . I would not recommend the line up as there are far too many options when you lose control of the white , its no good for pinpoint accuracy .
          Spent about a hour doing this today. It's a lot harder then it looks. The best I could manage was 6 blacks before I went hopelessly out of position. I'll give it another hour this afternoon after my break.

Comment

It was an eye opener for me when I started doing blacks and you do need patience:snooker:
            Last edited by j6uk; 18 March 2013, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
              It was an eye opener for me when I started doing blacks and you do need patience:snooker:
              Ive got almost zero patience, played the blacks for a few minutes then just scattered the balls around potting anything and went home after a half hour. Just seemed to be playing shots really fast instead of following a routine, bloody annoying too.

Comment

You do make me lol, well if you can somehow enjoy those annoying half hrs more power to you..

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                Ive got almost zero patience, played the blacks for a few minutes then just scattered the balls around potting anything and went home after a half hour. Just seemed to be playing shots really fast instead of following a routine, bloody annoying too.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk
                  You do make me lol,
                  well if you can somehow enjoy those annoying half hrs more power to you..
                  Just one of those days, sometimes I can keep a routine together and slow down some but most of the time I just want to get the shot played and onto the next one. Of course I do get the odd day where I play fast and everything flies in, just no consistency at all.

Comment

Might be worth breaking your game down and starting again.

Comment

Might be worth breaking your game down and starting again.
                      Have before a couple of times, just need to concentrate more on keeping a steady pace and not rushing into shots.

Comment

Managed a 7 this afternoon. It's bloody hard.

Comment

Do nothing but blacks all week 30-40 min sessions no more, then pack-up and wall away. Into the local cafe for 15-20 to reflect with a tea n toast. That will make a good full hours practice Enjoy
                          Last edited by j6uk; 18 March 2013, 07:02 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean, nice tempo walking straight-into every shot

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                            Have before a couple of times, just need to concentrate more on keeping a steady pace and not rushing into shots.

Comment

My routine today,

Colours off there spots, 10 reds scattered around the pink and black for break building, power potting the green and yellow off there spots using stun / screw to disturb a waiting red pack in between the pink and black.

Its amazing how much you get in to the cue ball with a nice controlled longer back swing coupled with the rear pause, which, really encourages hitting of through the cue ball, if, you can keep still on the shot. The 12 by 6 table becomes a small playing area when you hitting the white properly.
                              JP Majestic
                              3/4
                              57"
                              17oz
                              9.5mm Elk

Comment

Do you like the 10 red line up with only baulk colors throtts? Would be something you'd enjoy because the white does a lot of work around the table.

Comment

Working...
                                X