Practise sessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    Do you like the 10 red line up with only baulk colors throtts? Would be something you'd enjoy because the white does a lot of work around the table.
    I give that a go, sounds a good'n for that all important workout due to the power shots. Cheers..
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

Comment

10 reds from blue to black.. You'll love it!

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
      I give that a go, sounds a good'n for that all important workout due to the power shots. Cheers..

Comment

when I don't have much time I do a mini line-up, 3 reds below the black (1 red is on the cush) and 4 reds between the black and pink.

Comment

i practice the blacks quite often, because in matches i get so wound up when i miss which seemingly not a hard shot sometimes 3/4 or half ball high.

my best which was last week is 15 continuios blacks, can't wait to reach my next goal of 20.

i also practice shots high on the black from 4-5 different cut angles 3/4 to 1/4 and thinner, i do this both sides of the table, these sessions can take upto two hours an hour each side, but its helped me when i am around the black now, less guessing the angle.

i also practice 2 or 3 reds with the black and then off the last black try to get on to the yellow and clear the colours. which is a 51 clearence, i haven't managed a total clearence yet got to the blue last week. its a good routine which keeps you focussed and you need to get good position on he last red so you get an angle on the black to allow good position on the yellow.

Alabbadi

Comment

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
            i also practice 2 or 3 reds with the black and then off the last black try to get on to the yellow and clear the colours. which is a 51 clearence,
            I will try that today. Sounds good.

I do the 3 reds and blacks a lot but I like the idea of having the colours to clear afterwards. An additional nice challenge.

Comment

i did the black routine yesterday and i managed 37....far from easy...now all thats missing is the elusive ton

Comment

That century is just around the corner waiting for you. I think if you can do 50 blacks then you've got what it takes to make a tone. Then if you can do 100 blacks, well you could be making hundred breaks every week..

Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
                i did the black routine yesterday and i managed 37....far from easy...now all thats missing is the elusive ton

Comment

That century is just around the corner waiting for you. I think if you can do 50 blacks then you've got what it takes to make a tone. Then if you can do 100 blacks, well you could be making hundred breaks every week..

thanks mate, hopefully. what makes me laugh is i was explaining to a mate yesterday that i cant get as much screw as i would like because im using a 10mm medium talisman tip, when im used to using a 9.5mm tip to which he proceeded to pick my cue up and take a screw shot....his reply nothing wrong with the cue....i had to laugh as we are all different

Comment

thanks mate, hopefully. what makes me laugh is i was explaining to a mate yesterday that i cant get as much screw as i would like because im using a 10mm medium talisman tip, when im used to using a 9.5mm tip to which he proceeded to pick my cue up and take a screw shot....his reply nothing wrong with the cue....i had to laugh as we are all different

Comment

Working...
                    X