Practice routines you can do in the house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice routines you can do in the house

Now I know throughout the forums there are several posts explaining things you can do in your house to practice your technique, improve your aimming, mental improvement etc........ but I thought it would be good if we could compend these ideas into one thread. It does seem the general consensus is alot of us have limited access to tables so it would be helpful if there are things we can do at home to continue to improve.

So basically post your idea/routine you can do in the house, remembering that very few of us have tables at home. So ideas like cueing through the opening of a bottle etc are all legitimate ideas.

Just to keep it clear...... and at the top of your post, mention what part of your game it will help...... I.e:

Cueing straight

Blah blah blah blah

This way people looking for routines dont have to read all posts and we can all continue to improve our game away from match tables

You looking for some tips belloz? Well I often do 15min after the washing up, working on straight cueing, memory and dropping into the shot, by doing it with closed eyes enjoy

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      You looking for some tips belloz? Well I often do 15min after the washing up, working on straight cueing, memory and dropping into the shot, by doing it with closed eyes enjoy
      Not really tips but more create a source of information that people can use. I thinl the more practice you can have the better...... so things you can do at home can help with improvement etc

Comment

Practise your rest action by sitting back in a reclining chair with your legs on a pouffe or coffee table, or lying on a bed or the floor, big toes together to form a vee and run the cue up and down while sighting along the cue with your dominant eye to check if it's going through straight.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
          Practise your rest action by sitting back in a reclining chair with your legs on a pouffe or coffee table, or lying on a bed or the floor, big toes together to form a vee and run the cue up and down while sighting along the cue with your dominant eye to check if it's going through straight.
          Lmao, I just wonder how many people from this forum are now doing it. Ooops!, I should have kept quiet because someone would of wrote back saying they have seen a big improvement in rest shots.

Imagine the Mrs catching you doing that, haha.
          JP Majestic
          3/4
          57"
          17oz
          9.5mm Elk

Comment

What was the other cueing straight home tip, I am sure it was cueing fast through an old type empty glass milk bottle on its side to see if you can keep on going through inside the bottle straight, lol.
            JP Majestic
            3/4
            57"
            17oz
            9.5mm Elk

Comment

I wonder if there is anything we could do to help us identify potting angles or sighting ???

Comment

Originally Posted by Belloz22 View Post
                I wonder if there is anything we could do to help us identify potting angles or sighting ???
                You could play Virtual Pool They say it helps real game :P

Comment

Originally Posted by streamer45 View Post
                  You could play Virtual Pool They say it helps real game :P
                  Ive tried these kinda things - especially the playstation games. I find they don't help at all as they are so far sighting how you would in real life HAHA - and the aim lines become to much of a back up option, until i get the rulers up on the tv screen too

Comment

Ive tried these kinda things - especially the playstation games. I find they don't help at all as they are so far sighting how you would in real life HAHA - and the aim lines become to much of a back up option, until i get the rulers up on the tv screen too
                    Are you still punching small children, Belloz, or not as much..hahaha..
                    JP Majestic
                    3/4
                    57"
                    17oz
                    9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                      Lmao, I just wonder how many people from this forum are now doing it. Ooops!, I should have kept quiet because someone would of wrote back saying they have seen a big improvement in rest shots.

Imagine the Mrs catching you doing that, haha.
                      Worked for me throtts, I'm a much better rest player than I ever was after doing this a few times. As a tall man I don't use the rest very often so don't get much practise with it. Tried different grips and such until I found something that pushed the cue through straight.
                      Rather do this and look a fool for a while than end up like Patsy Fagan.

Comment

Worked for me throtts, I'm a much better rest player than I ever was after doing this a few times. As a tall man I don't use the rest very often so don't get much practise with it. Tried different grips and such until I found something that pushed the cue through straight.
                        Okay, fair enough, Steve. I will ask Terry and Gavin if they carry this exercise out with their students..
                        JP Majestic
                        3/4
                        57"
                        17oz
                        9.5mm Elk

Comment

Aramith do a training ball which comes with a disc and a practice pocket which is supposed to help you with this.
                          No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

The exercise is great. After couple of minutes you can sort out the basics mechanics that work for you.
                            My girlfriend was more than amused laughing out loud for good couple of minutes. She knows i am snooker crazy anyway.
                            I got her to lay on me to try it but she did it super straight :-)

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                              Aramith do a training ball which comes with a disc and a practice pocket which is supposed to help you with this.
                              Have a link of some kind please??

Comment

Working...
                              X