What on earth is going on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What on earth is going on

HI, hope you can help with my plight.Its This ,I can't pot anything in a game, and I mean anything not even balls over the bag, but and it's a strange one, I can pot 16-18 straight blues, put any angle on them,apart form up to 3/4ball,and I can't pot them, it got so bad I stopped playing my friend and said I will have to sort this out, got a table by myself put 8 reds and the black on the table ,in the line up, and cleared themput the pink on and another four reds managed ten a few times just ran out of position ,,had a few frames with my son yesterday couldn't pot a thing, as he was tidying the balls away I said give me half a dozen reds which he did and I got the blue(only colour he hadn't tidied away,) lined them up and quickly cleared them, I just do not know what's going wrong, HELP
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Not enough info to help.

Are you staying still on both the backswing and delivery?
    Are you accelerating through the cueball and driving your grip hand to you chest?
    Do you have your eyes LOCKED on the object ball at the time of strike?
    Do you have a bad tip?
    Are you dropping your head STRAIGHT DOWN when you get into the address position?

The best thing is to try and post a video and let us coaches have a go

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Terry thanks, you always try to help, if i knew how to post videos up the site would be full by now. I cant figure this game out at all, since posting this thread i have had 7 centuries on the line up, by basically going right back to the start and doing all of the things you stated above and also slowing my back swing down.
      One big thing i noticed is i wasnt locked onto a potting spot on the ob, i would line up get down realise i had taken my eye off it, try and guess a rough area while down and well you know what happens, so i really concentrated on getting down LOCKED on that spot and before feathering checking its all ok(kind of Dell Hill)another thing i found is occasionally on my back swing it wobbled on the way back,(not on the way forward, not that i noticed anyway) could this be too long a backswing or i have i gone too far the other way and its too slow.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I would suggest you lock your eyes on the object ball at the front pause just before the final backswing. If your backswing is crooked you should slow it down until the speed is slow enough that you can positively control it. I also think perhaps your backswing might bee a little too long for you to control and keep it straight although a lot of good players pull the ferrule right back to the 'V' of their bridge which can be somewhere around 10" or so and they can keep it straight.

Very unlikely the backswing is too slow and causing a wobble and it's usually 'the slower, the better'.

It's also good you are checking everything out when you first get down before the feathers. Also, only feather 2 or 3 times maximum. Some players are more accurate with no feathers at all in that they combine that 'preliminary pause' the the 'front pause' so no feathering at all.

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
        X