No announcement yet.

First coaching lesson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well had a good first hour with jim Donaly it was good came away with 3things on my sheet of paper jim wrights down for u first was timing need to pause on final back swing.2 was make sure cue runs through my chest.3was length of back swing depending on the shot. Over all good he said. Made me feel relaxed and gave full hour so will practice and c him in a few weeks n take it from ther so a would say to eny 1 who is thinking off trying it to go for it

Comment

Stevie we booked the full day but i got about an hour and a half one on one with Jim (my son needed more work lol), luckily he was very complimentary about my cueing so apart from 10 mins watching me pot long blues looking for faults the rest of the time was spent explaining his fan system which really helped me(its not rocket science but just makes what the cue ball does easy to understand).
      I really liked Jim, nice fella, and clear instructions,which is about all you need from a coach, work hard on what he tells you and you will see improvement but it took me 6-8 weeks to see any proper improvement, and its been up and down since then thats why i am considering another day this summer, if i lived closer i would do a couple of hours every 2-3 months then practice what im told then go back.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Yes that wat a was doing today plying long blues and tryn to ghange the eye to focus he said bout the fan system but that's next stage so had 6 frames ther with ma pal tried more pause on bk swing before hiting ball got more consistent .so going to go 1 a month for 6 months then c wat happens

Comment

Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
          im defo gonna save a bit then go snooker farm with dell hill and see how that gos
          Will be worth every penny. Del's top notch.
          "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
            Will be worth every penny. Del's top notch.
            If your wanting to go then ad set a wee target to safe then go and enjoy your self . Wats the farm and wats involved ?

Comment

Yep if you can go regularly it must be better, bad habits creep into my game ,i dont think they would with regular coaching.Best of luck and keep us informed, what standard are you just now, so we can compare when you start knocking in centuries!!.

Comment

Every time a play its different sum day a think am ok other days can't hit a cow in the arse if a held its tail haha so am geting 20s but in line up 44s so not at a high level but a think if a keep the head on wat jim is saying bout pause and stuf a think it will only improve

Comment

Richy (The Doctor) in my view is a real top coach as I went to him for years and his knowledge is second to none especially on technique.
                  Just a shame he no longer does coaching and hasn't now for years.
                  I can't comment on Jim as I've never been to him but he's very experienced and had good knowledge also.
                  Takes a lot if time and practice doing the right things to improve and fully understand technique and how it works.
                  Main thing is enjoyment tho.
                  Must enjoy it.

Comment

Originally Posted by raymo147 View Post
                    Richy (The Doctor) in my view is a real top coach as I went to him for years and his knowledge is second to none especially on technique.
                    Just a shame he no longer does coaching and hasn't now for years.
                    I can't comment on Jim as I've never been to him but he's very experienced and had good knowledge also.
                    Takes a lot if time and practice doing the right things to improve and fully understand technique and how it works.
                    Main thing is enjoyment tho.
                    Must enjoy it.
                    Yes it's no good if u don't enjoy it. How many times would you have saw richy. For your lessons and how long before you saw the results?

Comment

I have to say i dont know if Jim is a good or bad coach, as he is the only one i have ever been to,but i liked him and he made things simple for me, but i might go to Chris Small this summer he looks like he could give me the kick up the arse i need sometimes lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        I have to say i dont know if Jim is a good or bad coach, as he is the only one i have ever been to,but i liked him and he made things simple for me, but i might go to Chris Small this summer he looks like he could give me the kick up the arse i need sometimes lol.
                        Yes jim is nice guy makes you comfortable and seems to no what he is talking bout

Comment

He def. knows what hes talking about, he wouldnt have the client list he has if he didnt, he has coached some top, top players.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            He def. knows what hes talking about, he wouldnt have the client list he has if he didnt, he has coached some top, top players.
                            How long we're you working with jim ?

Comment

Working...
                            X