Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could speak to your younger self???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jack_dougles View Post
    don't go out with Amanda day, andrea Walton, Tanya clements, liz simpson, jane Harrison, they are all going to cheat on you
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Yeh sorry about that Jack I just couldn't resist them.
    Lol.... brillant!!
    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Don't let marriage stop you playing...

Comment

Three things: "Get a snooker table . . . NOW!", "get some coaching" and "buy some (cheap) antique cues!"

Last edited by mythman69; 29 May 2013, 01:02 AM.
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Your always going to be average at snooker so just do as much shagging as possible and don't back Jimmy White every year to win the World Championship.....sigh
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
            Your always going to be average at snooker so just do as much shagging as possible and don't back Jimmy White every year to win the World Championship.....sigh
            LOL . . . true !!
            My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

hhmmmm, im still relatively young but i think i would go back and tell myself to get the fundamentals right first before progressing into playing loads of frames etc - practice makes permanent

Comment

Follow the race horses on to the race track and not wonder into the donkey stables..
                Even if they got a nice ass

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                  Follow the race horses on to the race track and not wonder into the donkey stables..
                  Even if they got a nice ass
                  ha ha ha ha

Comment

When you get off the 285 at kingston dont leave your cue on the bus you t***

Comment

Serves you right for eyeing the totty floating up n down the stairs

Originally Posted by spike007 View Post
                      When you get off the 285 at kingston dont leave your cue on the bus you t***

Comment

This is me back to my younger snooker self:

"Do not believe in the comments snooker mates make about your game and about your faults. Get some time off and IMMEDIATELY see a good coach"

Had I not listened to 'others' like hey sidd your grip hand is too loose tighten it (this one single comment ruined my life for many years to come... and other things. I wish I would have seen a coach years ago and helped myself saving me.

But well for some people like me it comes with age, time and experiment ! but this line is so rough and tough that it breaks you and only your passion of playing snooker keeps you alive nothing else !
                        "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

Me to my younger self, "Stop playing this game, you are never going to be any good at it... ever."...

"...if you still persist in playing, at least have a 1. Relaxed grip, 2. Slow pullback, 3. Smooth acceleration / follow through... and for goodness sake, put some thought into positioning... c'mon, it's not the cue, it's you."

For someone with zero natural ability, my progress has been painstakingly slow. Certain aspects of the game which may be instinctive to some, I found difficult to comprehend, let alone apply. I guess I have an affinity to snooker, so I plod on.
                          When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

To my eight year old self I would say don't help your neighbour clean his black and gold JPS colours Norton Commando because even though there's alcoholics anonymous and there's gamblers anonymous, there's no motorcyles anonymous,
                            THERE'S NO CURE !!

Last edited by vmax4steve; 1 June 2013, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                              To my eight year old self I would say don't help your neighbour clean his black and gold JPS colours Norton Commando beacuse even though there's alcoholics anonymous and there's gamblers anonymous, there's no motorcyles anonymous,
                              THERE'S NO CURE !!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13941[/ATTACH]
                              Amen to that Steve

Comment

How about this one jrc

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXlg8cm00GY

Comment

Working...
                                X