Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could speak to your younger self???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice bike, not quite my thing but looks great
    Had my bike out last Sunday, 1st time this year lol, already scouring ebay to get a feel for prices on next one !!

Comment

There is loads lol

1. Stop just smacking balls around the table you idiot!
      2. Roll everything.
      3. Think about your shots, both pots and safety.
      4. Always play someone better than yourself - In my case it was Allison Fisher :-)
      Justin - The Cue Store - Handmade and Bespoke Cues, Bespoke Fibreglass Cue Cases, Accessories.
      Website - The Cue Store - E-mail - sales@thecuestore.co.uk - Tel - 01892 882787
      Skype - thecuestore1 - Whatsapp - 07810 635004
      Facebook - Like The Cue Store - Twitter - Follow The Cue Store

Comment

I think I would have said something along the lines of...work on trying to be a good snooker player NOW instead of waiting until you're 60yrs old, when you won't stand a chance against those 20yr olds.

When I was young there were no real coaches around plus I lived in a very small town with no really good players, and I would have had to travel to Toronto or Hamilton to see any, which being under 16 I couldn't drive and couldn't afford it anyway.

So I joined the Navy and didn't play for around 20 years or so, just the odd time when I had nothing else to do.

In those days I had no idea what good technique was about and neither did anyone else. I watched Cliff Thorburn in a 3-day money match with the local hero in Halifax (Kenny Shea) and finally saw a very good player but with a very unusual techique which would have been too tough to try and copy.

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

practice, practice, practice there is too many lazy players nowadays and they still expect to make it, but they won't unless they start upping the work load simple as that

chris small
          www.ChrisSmallSnookerCoaching.co.uk

Comment

Originally Posted by chrissmall147 View Post
            practice, practice, practice there is too many lazy players nowadays and they still expect to make it, but they won't unless they start upping the work load simple as that

chris small
            Thats just it. I think too many players want to achieve centuries just by playing twice a week for a couple of hours. You can read all you want but you got to play play and play.
            JP Majestic
            3/4
            57"
            17oz
            9.5mm Elk

Comment

I would say:

"DonĀ“t listen to all those cranks hanging around, go and find a good coach!"
              mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                Chest on the cue... That was the real 'Eureka' moment for me.
                Thanks a million. Being unable to get my chin on the cue I used this method with some success. Had quite forgotten to employ it until I read your blog. Went back to cue on chest this week and it worked a charm
                Gilb Ham

Comment

Very wise words

Originally Posted by Raldon View Post
                  I would say:

"DonĀ“t listen to all those cranks hanging around, go and find a good coach!"

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                    Very wise words
                    One of my biggest downfalls was listening to advice from substandard players. Telling me to speed up coz they hated how long id take on a shot...... shuda learned quicker it is their problem not mine!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Belloz22 View Post
                      One of my biggest downfalls was listening to advice from substandard players. Telling me to speed up coz they hated how long id take on a shot...... shuda learned quicker it is their problem not mine!!
                      It was the opposite for me, a very good player advising me to slow down. When I did slow down I found that my natural rhythm went and my eyes weren't focussed on the object ball when I finally played the shot.
                      I didn't know this at the time, just started playing poorly despite taking what I thought to be good advice. Took years to get back to how I was and even now I sometimes fall back into playing too slowly and it's always fatal.

Comment

So much this. Can't believe I wasted all those years playing pool, when I coulda been playing a real mans game.
                        Shreddin' balls :livid:

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                          start playing at a young age instead of 40ish lol
                          So much this. Can't believe I wasted all those years playing pool, when I coulda been playing a real mans game.
                          Shreddin' balls :livid:

Comment

Working...
                          X