Practicing on a 10 x 5 table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practicing on a 10 x 5 table

I have a 10 x 5 table at home but play on the 12 x 6 in my local club. Sometimes I find it difficult to adjust to the 12 x 6 after playing for long periods on the 10 x 5. Would anyone have any advice on how to make this transition easier or be able to recommend to me some routines I could use on the 10 x 5 that would help me improve my game on the full size. Thanks in advance

Get a 12ft table and a short cue for one end. It really is much better to practice on a 12ft table if you can since the spots have to be adjusted (except for blue) for a 10ft table, approx 5/6ths of the measurements on a 12ft. Black spot is 12-3/4" on a 12 ft but should only be around 10-1/2" on a 10ft (didn't do the math), same with pink (halfwa between top cushion and blue spot which is around 35" on a 12ft but less on a 10ft. Again, same with the 29" baulkline and the same for the 11-1/2" 'D'.

Therefore it becomes all the geometry remains the same but all the distances are smaller on the 10ft. This means you are adjusting your depth estimates between the two lengths. Still, practice on a 10ft remains better than none at all.

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Are you using full size balls?

Comment

Thanks guys for getting back to me. To answer your posts

1. A full size table is not really an option for me at the moment I'm afraid.
        2. Yes I am using full size balls.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X