A sudden break of 61 while down in the abyss.... I shall answer the 'How' in it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    Well that's positive. Sounds like you know what your doing..
    Looking forwards to the video
    Uploading it very soon indeed. The only thing that comes to my mind is that if I can make a 67 with centre chin how can it be incorrect ??? I have twice taken a long pink and screwed half the table length for the black successfully with the same setup and hence it cant be that bad eh ... So I have decided to stick with it.
    "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

Sidd:

Don't email me the video as it will be too large a file. Best thing is to put it up on youtube or something similar and either post the link on here or email the link to me. I would suggest posting the link on here as then you will probably get around 10 opinions to choose from!

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        Sidd:

Don't email me the video as it will be too large a file. Best thing is to put it up on youtube or something similar and either post the link on here or email the link to me. I would suggest posting the link on here as then you will probably get around 10 opinions to choose from!

Terry
        I will put it on youtube on my channel and then embed it here on the forum. Sure thing !

Comment

Having BOB in mind is sometimes not enough !

I played very well on saturday but on sunday I was again low.

After having the grip sorted for good I am feeling so good honestly. My reference point in that is to have it with all fingers but keep it loose to the point that upon delivery and contact with CB I feel my grip hand sliding forward. Once I have that reference point in mind and play like that, I pot well and play well.

However, I wanted to have a lesser elbow drop as i am of the opinion that I might be using my shoulder in the shot. in order to do that I intentionally kept my elbow as high as I could and braced my bridge arm shoulder against the neck (it felt stiff after some time but I think its a new thing so would take time). I am planning to just keep the elbow high and keep the shoulder relaxed before I get in to other problems.

Kept my mind on BOB but still this high elbow thing might have contributed to bad play.

last but not the least, it was terribly hot in there. ACs were there but its very hot here these days and with the electric power cuts (after every hour there is a power cut for one hour) and the club is in a basement- crowded at times- I had to constantly wipe out my sweat after every two shots. I have started using the snooker glove as well. These conditions might have also contributed to the bad play... Who knows !

Comment

Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
            last but not the least, it was terribly hot in there. ACs were there but its very hot here these days and with the electric power cuts (after every hour there is a power cut for one hour) and the club is in a basement- crowded at times- I had to constantly wipe out my sweat after every two shots. I have started using the snooker glove as well. These conditions might have also contributed to the bad play... Who knows !
            Probably was Sidd, I played very badly on friday night, it was hot, humid and thundery and I was on a table that I dislike playing on as it's two inches lower than standard. Feels like I'm playing in platform shoes, yes I do remember them from my youth, and I just can't get my stance right. tried playing with both knees bent but it didn't work as well as it did when I practised it so I got well and truly stuffed.

Kept your mind on BOB you say but still this high elbow was also on your mind so not truly thinking only about BOB then.

Looking forward to seeing your video.

Comment

Sidd:

Remember what I always say about COMFORT. Do not introduce discomfort into your set-up so relax that right shoulder just a bit.

Terry
              Terry Davidson
              IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
              X