Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple backspin: What to focus on for the perfect shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple backspin: What to focus on for the perfect shot?

Hey bros,

Bit of a lurker, but first time poster. Been in love with the game for years now, but have only just gotten around to actually playing it - and loving it even more now. HOWEVER.

I just can't seem to get the backspin right.

I mean, I think I do everything by the book. I make sure to keep a level cue, hit the white just below the center and follow nicely through. But what happens each time is the ball will just stop, and not come back.

I try very hard to keep it all under control, not to hit the ball TOO hard and to follow through nicely.

I've pretty much watched all the videos I can on youtube, but it's like I don't really improve in this area.

Sometimes I'll get a good backspin, but it's not at all consistent and when I do get it, I'm even less under control of where it actually ends up. My game is improving nicely in all other aspects, so this is quite annoying. Also, when I get it right, I don't seem to be able to backtrace what exactly I did. It's weird alright.

So, any help or assistance you can give me would be appreciated. I know this is pretty basic, but I'm new at this so bear with me.

Shreddin' balls :livid:
Working...
X