Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple backspin/screw back: What to focus on for the perfect shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by davipp View Post
    I was having the same problem and suddenly realised that I am not lowering my bridge hand at all when striking low on the cue ball.
    I have been practising making sure my bridge hand is flat on the table for screw shots and having much better results.
    Right, so my problem is surely not lowering the bridge enough and generally just not hitting low enough. Jumped the ball a few times, but had it under control in the end. Really made a difference just focusing on hitting low
    Shreddin' balls :livid:

Comment

Cheers m8,love it!

Originally Posted by shredder View Post
      ^^ Trying out the tips and suggestions tonight. Will report back

hope to be playing like a sir within long:

Comment

What others have commented is correct. Nothing needs to be said more after Terry's and Vmax's detailed responses really.

but whatever little I can add here is a practice Nic Barrow advocates. It really helps and opens one's mind on the screw shot. I personally believe your problem is more psychological than physical. You need to open your mind about the screw shot first. Once you do that the shot would become easier for you.

Hold your cue in the finger tips at the butt just the tip of thumb and tips of fingers and then take a small slow delicate screw shot perhaps straight blue in centre off spot ... you would think that its not possible but try it and soon you will realise that FORCE has got NOTHING to do with screw; its just the follow through that does the trick. You will be surprised ot note that you wont be able to use force with thumb and finger tips but even then you will get a pretty distance on the screw and this will enable you to understand how to go about it.

Remember screw is just like a follow shot just with the tip on the bottom of the CB. Play it as you would play a follow shot do not induce jerk or force and do not stop your cue after contact.

Hope this helps...
        "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

You've kinda got it.
          Its really though inside the thumb and first finger and the hand and fingers would be open and relaxed. Then your simply using your elbow to get through the ball by those two points of contact..
          So you wanna feel your elbow contact the white, did I say that already? Yes the elbow. Check it out

Originally Posted by Sidd View Post
          What others have commented is correct. Nothing needs to be said more after Terry's and Vmax's detailed responses really.

but little I can add here is a practice Nic Barrow advocates. It really helps and opens one's mind on the screw shot. I personally believe your problem is more psychological than physical. You need to open your mind about the screw shot first. Once you do that the shot would become easier for you.

Hold your cue in the finger tips at the butt just the tip of thumb and tips of fingers and then take a small slow delicate screw shot perhaps straight blue in centre off spot ... you would think that its not possible but try it and soon you will realise that FORCE has got NOTHING to do with screw; its just the follow through that does the trick. You will be surprised ot note that you wont be able to use force with thumb and finger tips but even then you will get a pretty distance on the screw and this will enable you to understand how to go about it.

Remember screw is just like a follow shot just with the tip on the bottom of the CB. Play it as you would play a follow shot do not induce jerk or force and do not stop your cue after contact.

Hope this helps...

Comment

Working...
          X