Position of cue on chest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Position of cue on chest

In cueing position, where the cue is touching your chest, is the cue touching your chest below, on, or above the nipple for you? It there a 'correct' place for the cue to be? I find that my cueing is straighter (and looks more correct) if the cue is high ie. just above my nipple. This gives my cueing hand (right hand for a right hander) more room and space for the elbow to freely swing.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Touching the nipple would be the correct place. If it is down then probably your head is high or you are not bent enough ... if it is up the nipple then perhaps you are lifting the butt a bit... Nearer or on to the nipple is the area...!

If yours is JUST ABOVE the nipple, it is OK then.
    "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

Although there is no one right place for the cue touching the chest as everyone's physique is a bit different, for a player with a normal physique the right place is about 2" above and to the right of the right nipple (for right handed players of course).

So I will have to disagree with Sidd here however I understand Sidd carries a bit of weight and for a more stocky player right around the right nipple might be correct but again the width of the shoulders and other aspects of the individual's physique do come into play.

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Noted, with thanks.

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        Although there is no one right place for the cue touching the chest as everyone's physique is a bit different, for a player with a normal physique the right place is about 2" above and to the right of the right nipple (for right handed players of course).

So I will have to disagree with Sidd here however I understand Sidd carries a bit of weight and for a more stocky player right around the right nipple might be correct but again the width of the shoulders and other aspects of the individual's physique do come into play.

Terry

Comment

Mine chest contact is around what Terry states. It will differ through the reason of different body builds.
          JP Majestic
          3/4
          57"
          17oz
          9.5mm Elk

Comment

Terry, do you mean 2" above and 2" to the right of the right nipple?

Terry

Comment

lordknows:

It really is not of much importance as it changes with different physiques. In a totally normal person without broad shoulders nor a weightlifter's chest I would say the 'ideal' spot would be 2" to the right and about 1" above the nipple.

But as I said, it's just not important enough to worry about unless you happen to have the cue INSIDE the nipple as then you would have a serious misalignment in your set-up. In fact the closer you can get the cue towards the armpit it better but the more important item is the upper arm and forearm and elbow should ideally be directly over the cue and also the shoulder should not be visible behind the head when viewed from straight on.

Besides, some people might have their nipple displaced so again it depends on the player.

Terry
              Terry Davidson

Comment

How would a lady get on lads?.... especially if she had a big pair
                38 in a Tournament
                98 in a Lineup

Comment

With a big pair I suspect she would get on really well. As for snooker, the cue should run to the outside of the right of the pair and probably a sports bra would help too.

I haven't had a female student in a long time so I can't really be certain.

Terry
                  Terry Davidson

Comment

Terry
                    Thats real bad news, Tell..haha.
                    JP Majestic
                    3/4
                    57"
                    17oz
                    9.5mm Elk

Comment

With a big pair I suspect she would get on really well. As for snooker, the cue should run to the outside of the right of the pair and probably a sports bra would help too.

Terry
                      Like this ??

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                        Thats real bad news, Tell..haha.
                        Also, we all say that muscle use is minimal to get max fizz on the CB but do you think a female could replicate S Murphy or J Trump for spin power..?..Imo, no way.
                        JP Majestic
                        3/4
                        57"
                        17oz
                        9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                          Like this ??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14134[/ATTACH]

Can't fault that stance at all! lol
                          Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Working...
                          X